cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charge

I have been charged £5 for boost and I have cancelled it how can I get a refund? Online chat isn’t helpful 

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When you Cancel something, what you are really cancelling is any further months of that service, so the month of Boost you have just paid for will continue until the end of that month.

And therefore no refund is applicable.

Or do you think there was some malarkey on Now’s part that stiffed you with a Boost payment that, even after reading all the small print, you think you shouldn’t have been charged for?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To follow-up from @RoyB  did you take out a free trial for Boost and forgot to cancel before the trial period expired?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I thought it would end today but I was charged yesterday
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean, was this a 7 day trial or a previous month of boost?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
7 day trial sorry
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To prevent any charges you needed to cancel the moment you realised you weren't going to keep it. 

The trial will automatically take payment unless you cancel before it expires. 

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Wise words there - cancel in good time, and you will still get your 7 day’s trial.

And certainly, even though the free trial does indeed last the full 7 days, the billing cycle can kick in on day 6, so be very sure to cancel before that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.