cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timbumone
Advocate

Changing to fibre

It seems crazy that I cannot find how to upgrade from basic Broadband to super fast fibre anywhere in the Help Centre topics.  I also cannot find a phone number for Now Broadband anywhere either.  Can anyone help?  Don't Now Tv want more money from me?

14 REPLIES 14
redchiz1
Champion 2

You can call them on 0330 332 3050.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Timbumone 

There are plenty of NOW numbers on the get in touch sections albeit sometimes hidden under additional drop downs. Also beyond countless threads on the forum with links to the number and posts with the number themselves. 

That said @redchiz1 has kindly given you it.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Timbumone 

Now offers Super Fibre.

If you want super fast fibre, you may need to be in an area with FTTP available, and to find as ISP who can supply it 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

It does rather depend on what you mean by "super fast fibre".

Now provide 3 "tiers" of broadband: Jayach_0-1700524612596.png

All are provided over copper wires to the home.

If you are looking for a fibre optic (Full Fibre) connection you will (as @RoyB  says) need to go elsewhere.

RoyB
Legend

I keep meaning to ask - Why would anybody buy Fab Fibre?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Believe it or not, there are actually places in the UK where only ADSL is available.

Also, in a (very) few cases, ADSL can be faster than VDSL. (where very long copper runs are present)

There are also exchange only lines.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Now’s ADSL offering is Brilliant Broadband. Fab Fibre is VDSL, isn’t it?

So to rephrase my question; why would anyone buy Fab Fibre when the faster (in principle) Super Fibre is available for the same price?

Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@Jayach 

Now’s ADSL offering is Brilliant Broadband. Fab Fibre is VDSL, isn’t it?

So to rephrase my question; why would anyone buy Fab Fibre when the faster (in principle) Super Fibre is available for the same price?

Simply, because there are places where ADSL is the only option.

Although I suppose some people just want to save £3.00, without realising just what they are doing.😜

Jayach_0-1700616730110.png

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

ADSL is Brilliant Broadband, so anyone who can only have ADSL will have to go for that.

I get that.

But I was asking about Fab Fibre versus Super Fibre. Both £23 a month. But one with the potential to be faster than the other. So why would anyone buy the slower one?

I’m not sure that you are getting my point here 😢