cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing Payment date

How do I change my payment date ? Is this something I can do on my account or do I have to call and ask them to change the payment date ? 

Thanks 😊 

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Payment date for what?

if memberships, you have to let them lapse, and pick them up again on the next occurrence of the payment date you desire. But please note that Now may stagger the payments for multiple memberships renewing on the same day, taking one per day after the due date.

For broadband, call the team on the number you have been given, and ask if it can be done. The question has come up many times, but I can’t recall if anyone has ever come back and told us if it could or not.

Sorry I can’t just post the number you require, but see here for a posting with a link that will lead you to the phone number you can call them on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can't they make it easier to change the payment date ? My payment has been declined because there is no money in my account until the 26th of the month. so surely it would be simpler just to change my payment date.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Only way you can do it is via calling the broadband team.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/managing-my-payments

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412485
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your reply gavs82008 Legend 5. Much appreciated.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s great that @gavs82008 @has helped you now, but I’m trying to get a handle on your thinking here.

To be exact, your bank has declined to make the payment that Now have requested because there are no funds in that account right now.

You know that more money will be going in on the 26th, probably your monthly paycheque; but your bank doesn’t, and Now don’t either.

So if they deferred your request, they wouldn’t know when to defer it to, or whether you were going to pay at all; and even if they deferred it this month, they wouldn’t know whether to just take the current payment late, or adjust the amount this time and use the deferred date going forward every month.

I’m sure you can see Now’s difficulty here, even if they did try to help you out by moving a contractually agreed payment date 😛

What about the bank side of things, though? How come the payment was declined even if you didn’t have funds - surely they could have just put you into overdraft? Or was your card maxed out - in which case knowing funds were going in on the 26th might still not have helped, depending on the amount 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
##- Please type your reply above this line -#     I don't have a credit card just a debit card.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I don't have a credit card just a debit card.

In that case, it will likely depend on whether you have an arranged overdraft or not whether the card is declined or the payment goes through.