cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changes to account

Having added kids to our entertainment which we are not interested as we are a retired couple with no kids or grand kids, we are now being saddled with adverts - having had the account for just over a month, feel totally conned.

Would rather lose the kids tv and have the ads removed.

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Not a choice combination that Now, in their wisdom, have made available.

You can get rid of the ads by buying a Boost.

You may be able to fund the Boost by starting to cancel your Entertainment, whereupon you will likely get a retention offer of Entertainment at a lower price, which you may wish to accept and not go through with the Cancel.

And then you can do the same with the Boost, for future months.

Or you can carry on and Cancel, thus reminding Now that if they do things their customers don’t like, they are all free to walk at no more notice than the balance of the latest month they have paid for, and spend their entertainment budget on Netflix, Prime, Disney, Britbox or a myriad of other similar services instead.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It makes you realise what bargain Netflix is LOL

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not really, it purely depends what content your after 

If it’s HBO content then you will NEVER get it on Netflix. 

Currently I’m paying a total of £9 for my boost, cinema and entertainment memberships. Whereas Netflix is £13.99.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

it purely depends what content your after 

If it’s HBO content then you will NEVER get it on Netflix. 

Given all the content that has left Now in the last 12 months, I don’t expect HBO content to be present in a year or two’s time.   Will probably just end up with Sky Originals whose quality is pretty poor.  The brilliant Promising Young Woman excepted.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Given that Comcast owns both Sky and NBC. Surely all content available to NBC that is building up on Peacock (also owned by Comcast) could “easily” be added to NOW.

starman73
Elite

content available to NBC that is building up on Peacock (also owned by Comcast) could “easily” be added to NOW.

I don’t see too much that would be that compelling…

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-tv-shows-peacock.html

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Each to their own. 
The point is Sky and NBC are Comcast owned, Sky is losing content out with their control. 

Plus having the Chicago shows on NOW would save me subscribing to Peacock. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I obviously need to do some negotiating - I am paying 4.99 for just entertainment and thought I was getting a bargain, however, my Netflix only costs 9.99

starman73
Elite

It makes you realise what bargain Netflix is LOL

maybe at the base £6/month, but Disney + and Prime offer a lot more at £8/month.  £14/month before Netflix matches either.