cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Change payment card

Please can someone advise how I change my payment card. I have been on my account and clicked to update my payment details but there is no button to save the changes. Am I missing something somewhere? Tried it on Edge, Firefox and Safari browsers but no button. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right, after finally getting an email from technical support, the problem has been solved for me. 

If you haven't been supplied with the fix, or looking here for help, here is how to sort the problem. 

1. Go to the update card details where you input your new bank card info.

2. Input new card details.

3. Go to the billing address details underneath your card details.

4. Select the option to manually input your billing address.

5. On door number, this needs to be 3 digits long. So for examples:

If your door number is 8, enter 008

If your door number is 23 enter 023

If your door number is 315 enter 315.

Basically insert 0's before your number to make it 3 digits.

6.Enter the rest of your address in the other boxes. 

7. Hit the submit button at the bottom of the page. 

That should be your details now saved. 

Thanks to the technical support for finally getting back to m with this fix. 

Not an obvious solution, but worked for me. 

Hope this helps anyone else having this issue. 

All the best. 

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here, I've phoned my bank to ask is there was an issue with my card nd they've confirmed that everything was fine.

the message I receive is:

Hmm, some of those card details aren't valid.
Please check and try again.

Very frustrating
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for posting this.

I don't have a house number, I have a house name but nevertheless I have put in 000 and it was worked.

That has ended a completely wasted hour trying to update this to pay for a pass.  You would think a company as large as this would be able to enable a checkout process that doesn't involve making up your address!  Utter rubbish

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI all, I’m also experiencing similar issues.

My debit card expired, so I tried to update my details with the new card, but the system responds with a “oops something went wrong, your card could not be authorised” message. But no explanation why?

I've tried all the suggestions here and from Now directly including different browsers and different email addresses but nothing works.

My bank assures me my card is valid and unblocked but no matter what I do, the card details will not be accepted by Now!

Ive spent ages on live chat trying to get them to understand the issue is a technical problem their end but so far they have been rather unhelpful.

I feel as if they need to completely delete me and my emails and details from their system and re-register from scratch but apparently once they have your details they cannot be removed from their system according to the last person I spoke with at Now.

I am frustrated that I can no longer access my account or purchase vouchers because they wont accept my debit card, but cant or wont do anything to help me despite being a member since 2017!!!… go figure.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Two posts up from yours you will see an email address for customer support, where you can send pictures etc to see if it’s an easier way to resolve the issue. 

Alternatively you can use the address to close your account t completely if you choose to do so. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for taking the time to let me know.
Much appreciated.
Best wishes.
CrystalFaery
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you get no luck with NOW support, then double check your URL address bar it is not directing you to the wrong NOW region (gb in the web address should be UK, ie should be Republic of Ireland, it should be Italy).

Also another customer had to use the chip and pin on the card before it worked on their account (which is a little weird).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Help-I-can-t-update-my-new-card-details/m-p/566888#M16890 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thank you for your advice.
Already done both those things but still no good!
Best wishes
CrystalFaery
RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

Having to initialise a new Debit Card with Chip And PIN is a security measure designed to avoid anybody emptying your bank account vis Contactless or CNP (Card Not Present) should it fall into the wrong hands on its way to you.

Setting up or changing the card on a Now account with RPA (Recurring Payment Authority) is a CNP task.

It happened that the customer in question tried to use the card in this CNP way with Now, before initialising it with a Chip And PIN transaction, but CNP with anybody would have been refused; that card had no chip on its shoulder about Now in particular.

@Anonymous User 

Is this card a true Debit Card, linked into a bank account from which the money comes, or it it a Prepayment Card, where you have to load cash onto it? Now decline to work with some brands of Prepayment Card, though it is fine with others.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is terrible... Plus I bet they are going to charge people like me a fee when we have been trying to pay them! What a joke.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What your trying to pay for?

TV or broadband?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help