cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Volodymyr

Change custom

Hello, there is a problem, I live at the address where the Internet is installed in my name, my son needs confirmation from the insurance company that he lives at the same address. Is it possible to re-register it in his name so that the Internet bill is in his name? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Volodymyr 

You can, but NOW don’t put addresses on the bills. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Volodymyr 

You can, but NOW don’t put addresses on the bills. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Volodymyr

Got it, thanks, perhaps you can then tell me how else it is possible to confirm the address? It’s just that we are from Ukraine, and there are many nuances that we encountered...

RoyB
Legend

@Volodymyr 

Alas, you cannot re-register it as you describe 😢

But even if you could, it would not work; Now do not do, and do not need to do, the due diligence that would record that the bill payer lives at the address that the Now Broadband service is provided at.

So even you could not use a Now bill to prove that you live at the address where the service is provided, let alone your son 😢

He needs to ask the insurance company what proof of address they would find acceptable, as while utility bills are likely to be satisfactory for this, I would imagine all the utility bills are in your name also.

One thing that might be in his name, though, is a mobile phone bill. See if the insurance company would accept that. It might depend on what the insurance is for though; a car? Some valuables? And so on…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.