cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Card not accepted

Hi. I recently changed bank accounts and I am now trying to update my payment details for Now TV, but my card keeps being declined for some reason? 

I have money in my account and I can use it for other purchases, so I know it works, I just can't add it to my account. 

I have tried to speak to Now TV staff, but I can't get a reasonable answer as to why I am having an issue.  

Any help would be great. Thank you. 

I now have a Santander top-up-debit card. 

5 REPLIES 5
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It could just be because you are trying to use a top-up debit card. Lets say your card has a minimum top-up balance of £30, if it falls below that it gets topped-up from your bank account by £30. So, a few days before you are due to pay for, say a £33.99 monthly sports pass, there is £40 on the card. You buy £9 of groceries, leaving £31 on the card. Result: not enough funds to buy the pass. The funds might well be on the card when NowTV do their 10p check but not when they try to take the money. See where top-up debit cards fail?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have money on my card though, this is what I don't understand. I can
understand why they may be dubious about accepting it as a card, but I
can't but my actual bank account details in, as that card doesn't have a
security number on the back of the card like they ask for? So I have no way
of paying for my license now.
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Can you not apply for a credit card, and use that? Of course if you have a poor credit history you may not be able to get a credit card.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot unfortunately, so I am stuck with just my bank card, which I cannot use. I have no other way now to pay for my licence. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried to update my card it’s a master card however, it keeps on saying invalid card details. Why is this