My card details are not accepted. Why is this happening

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

What sort of card, credit, debit, or prepayment?

What bank, and is it a UK one?

Is the card in sterling?

is there any money backing it up.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My card keeps saying payment failed but im trying to sign up for the 7 day free trail

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV will check your card by attempting to reserve (not charge) 10p on it, even for the free trial. If they can’t, you will be declined.

As above, the questions you need to ask yourself about the card are:-

What sort of card, credit, debit, or prepayment? (Most prepayment cards aren’t accepted, and those that are have slipped through NowTV’s checks here)

What bank, and is it a UK one? (NowTV don’t deal with every bank out there, and especially not foreign ones, even with sterling accounts)

Is the card in sterling? (See above)

is there any money backing it up? (At least 10p in free funds)

If you still can’t see why it was declined, come back and let us know the details of it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same is happening to me! spent the last two hours trying to solve it and nothing is working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My cards comply with all those requirements 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Don't know if this is the reason you can't currently add a payment card to your account ?

youdoodle-2020-05-30T19-41-53Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the screenshot of twitter. Still not working for me this morning.