cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot cancel now Tv passes

Hi, I am trying to cancel My now tv passes but whenever I go to the relevant page this then displays a message saying it's taking too long and to refresh my browser. This is not a problem at my end as I get the same issue on 3 different computers and an iPad. I also cannot find a number to speak to an actual human, or even get help via live chat. Very annoyed now and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue - but mine is loading but says cannot display the passes. 

They should have a way to speak to someone

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wow ive cancel twice now .. ive just logged on to my bank . and guess what once again ive been billed from this ###### NOW TV what a f*nig joke

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do i speak to these f*ck wits 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

any ###### from customer services reading this i want my money back

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User asked:-

how do i speak to these f*ck wits 

Well, not like that, certainly.

Anyone at NowTV who might be considering a telephone contact service, and read your posts above, would wonder what customer behaviour on such a service might be 🤔

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, and haven’t set an Ad Blocker, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You say it’s not a local issue, but it’s not a universal issue, so maybe you are thinking it’s a problem with your account at the NowTV end. But are you sure you have eliminated all the common elements at your end?

E.g. were all these three computers and the iPad on the same WiFi network? If so, I might suspect a cache issue, so reboot your router and see if this clears the issue.

If it doesn’t, then try using your phone, with its WiFi switched off so it goes out over your 3G/4G.

This puts you through via a completely different ISP (or a different path through your ISP, if your phone is with them also) and so avoids any problems in your router.

Or maybe go to a friend’s and go out over their WiFi; I’d suggest public WiFi, but there are security issues with that, so if you have to use it, make sure you reach NowTV over https.

And make sure to try a different browser from your normal one, one as plain vanilla as possible, to avoid any way in which you might have configured your regular browser that NowTV does not like.

Only once you have eliminated the above issues, and still failed, should you start considering a messed-up account; and if you have live passes that aren’t in the middle of the payment cycle, Live Chat should be able to cancel them for you, if you really can’t cancel them for yourself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for the reply. I’ve used my home network with the pc and iPad plus a work pc on the work network. I first tried at work on Friday and got this message so assumed it was a work connection issue. I’ve also tried using my phone but no joy. I’m 99% certain it’s not a problem my end.

I have no idea what the issue is but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this.

My real annoyance is the lack of any contact numbers to speak to a real person.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Looks like you’ve covered all the bases then; nothing for it but to get back on Live Chat 😥

On here, just about every problem there could possibly be comes up sooner or later; some are universal, or at least pretty widespread, like having to ‘move’ to Portugal to stop crashes, while some are local and specific, like yours. I think we’ve run through all the things you could try at your end.

So it looks like the ‘taking too long’ is real, because the NowTV end isn’t responding with your account details, Hmmm - is it just the Passes you can’t get to, or maybe other account details to - can you see your payments, for instance?

I have no problem using Live Chat instead of talking on the phone, except for its hair-trigger timeouts; if NowTV could fix that, and have a big prominent button for Live Chat, instead of forlornly trying to make you go through the Help to get there, this would solve an awful lot of issues with it.