cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot add payment card

Hello No Tv community, 

If you are here, I assume it's because same as me, every time I need to interact with this 2cent company, something has gone wrong. 

My payment card has expired, Ok. 

I try to replace it with a new card and I get 2 messages: 

You have added a new payment card

Oops, we don't appear to have any payment details set up for your account

I've tried to get in touch via online chat but it keeps saying :

- We will be with you in a jiffy....

I wonder, how many seconds is one jiffy? I've been waiting for at lest 10800 seconds. 

Is it possible to link a new card to this forsaken payment system or do I need to find another provider? 

Link to: @NoTVCEO @NoTVCFO @SkyCompetenceDepartment

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to close this sorry. 

Issue was solved over the phone with the agent. Took me ages to get a speak with a human, but when I did the agent was knowledgeable and she sorted me out right away. 

@RoyB best of luck, I know you were trying to help. You are kind with your time and knowledge I think it will work better if you offer them to someone for whom it will make a difference.

I will sail away on the internet ocean now. Best of luck.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is No TV a pun that pleases you, or do you not know it should be Now?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB nothing pleases me anymore, I can't find joy in anything these days. It's very sad. 

I'm considering spending my time helping the online community of a multinational that charges people billions of pounds and offers crap service in return, this way they don't have to spend those billions on hiring and training their staff. I could spend my time helping people where it would make a difference, but instead I can only hope I'll achieve legend status. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Let's get past the jokes on the thread, pun intended. 

How can I add a card to the system. I've tried 3 cards, including the one that was initially associated to the account, the one I mentioned expired. All attempts are failures that are marked as a success.

See below:

Failed attempt to update a card payment method

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Image attachment didn't work, not surprised. Please see link for the image: https://ibb.co/JrDV2wr 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You’re wrong about the online Community.

Our main job here is to handle the vast majority of posters who haven’t read the blurb at the top of the Community that says we can’t handle billing or other technical issues with Now, or people who have read that, but can’t find out how to contact Now from the information in the Now Help, what with the Nowbot running interference and all, and act as a signpost to where they want to go.

Once in a blue moon, somebody asks a question we can answer, and then we are suffused with a warm glow of endorphins, especially if they thank us, or even mark our posting, rather than one of their own, as a Solution.

We crave that endorphin hit worse than a double dose of OxyContin, and so battle on against all odds, trying, usually in vain, for our next fix (in both senses of the word).

And here, as you no doubt apprehensively realise, your Now account is all screwed up, and only Now can unscrew it. But you know how to access Live Chat, and you’ve tried it, and you’re left hanging on.

In the old days, I’d have tried Live Chat to see if I got the same issue, but I have had to embarrassedly explain to the support rep who instantly responded what was going on too many times to try it again. And I have no special hotline to them, by the way.

So all I can suggest is to try Live Chat again 😢 

Or if you really, really don’t want to do that, then you can email

customerservices @NowTV.com

(omitting the space) describing your issue, and hope that they can fix it without the benefit of an interactive session with you.

Or you could post on Now’s Twitter feed, see what happens,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to close this sorry. 

Issue was solved over the phone with the agent. Took me ages to get a speak with a human, but when I did the agent was knowledgeable and she sorted me out right away. 

@RoyB best of luck, I know you were trying to help. You are kind with your time and knowledge I think it will work better if you offer them to someone for whom it will make a difference.

I will sail away on the internet ocean now. Best of luck.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for coming back with this, it’s appreciated.

Lots of people don’t bother, as I bemoan with this Bonzo Dog-derived ditty here:-

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604151/the-drive-by-poster-with-acknowledgements-to-neil-innes-urban-spaceman