cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot Update Card Details

Due to an upcoming card expiry date, my bank changed my registered card details with NowTV without my knowledge.

As the card wasn't activated, NowTV attempted to charge the new card in October and failed. The card was then stripped from my account.

Unfortunately, there is no way I can update my card details now. The Submit/Confirm button on the relevant page is greyed out and unclickable. Mousing over it displays a 'no entry' icon - red circle with a line through it. Attempting to retype and reword all parts of the billing address lead nowhere.

I can see many reports of the same issue in other posts, but no user resolutions. Is there an upcoming fix from NowTV?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this for broadband or TV such as cinema etc?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

Broadband - I don't have TV services. That said, I did take a look at the TV payment detail update page as well, a little later and I think there is something odd with the web forms. The Broadband/TV forms look different; the TV one, however, behaved as I would expect...

...and, on a hunch, it turns out heading to the Broadband page immediately afterwards must have carried some client-side values over for some reason. The billing address fields were pre-checked (same values as attempted previously), and the confirmation button was already enabled. As a result, I was able to submit the form.

My card was verified with a small £1 charge, authorised through the bank's app - however, then the web form gave a billing address error when trying to redirect to the confirmation page. I gave up and went to bed.

Happy ending, though: this was a couple of days ago. I've now rechecked, and it looks like the details have been updated as a result of all of the above (or perhaps copied over from my TV payment details section). Or perhaps my bank has chosen to update them again in line with my old card's actual expiry date. Fingers crossed that this month's payment will be successful.

It's going to be a difficult workaround to navigate from scratch for the next person to stumble upon this post. My browser is Firefox, if it helps narrow things down later.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It certainly looked like there was some massively glitches on the website preventing many users with the payments and payment details. Glad you got it resolved despite it being a pain in the a**.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of people have reported this on the Community forum in the last few days.

Haven't seen any reports on NOW Twitter though about the same issue.

Have you tried the workaround on the solution marked on this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Change-payment-card/m-p/514255 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

I found and tried that workaround at the time, but it unfortunately didn't work. This included varying combinations of the house and flat numbers with leading zeroes, but no combination I put in was accepted.

I stumbled upon a potential workaround, though, and have gone into a little more detail here. If my November payment is successful with the new details, either the workaround worked or my bank updated the card information again.