cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot Apply Voucher

I recently got a code from the new Chromecast promotion: 2 months of Sky Cinema Pass for £5. The code looks something like this: NOW42PSG9DUB17

For the past two nights I have tried entering this voucher code in to the NowTV website and it keeps saying: 

We're having trouble with vouchers right now

Please wait a moment and try again.

I have seen other people have sucess with this promotion so I'm wondering why NowTv is having issues with me trying to redeem my voucher.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Any nowtv staff available for comment?

Hi @Anonymous User

I've just sent you an email regarding this issue

Thanks

Aaron

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try this guide copied and pasted from HotUK website.

"Your file was not foundIt may have been moved or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"

1: MAKE SURE YOUR CHROMECAST IS POWERED UP

2: CLICK ON https://www.google.com/chromecast/redeem/

3: COPY THE CODE AT THE END OF YOUR URL (SOMETHING LIKE) NOW************

4: LOG INTO YOUR NOWTV ACCOUNT

5: IN THE SKY CINEMA PASSES SECTION, PASTE CODE INTO "APPLY VOUCHER" SECTION

You will then pay just £2:50 per month for 2 months

Make sure you cancel during the second month (say 14 to 28 days before the pass auto renews to full price of £9.99).

To apply the code you must be in the last 30 days of any other cinema voucher code previously applied to your account where you should see a green apply voucher button next to the cinema pass on your account.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just noticed you have already asked this question over at Hot UK Deals website, so i am guessing you have tried the above already ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the issue is not in obtaining the code, as you can see from the first sentence of my original post.

The issue is redeeming the code on NowTV's site. I click on Apply Voucher under Sky Cinema Pass, paste in my voucher code and it comes up with error about Voucher codes not working at the moment, please try later. It doesn't say that the code is invalid or anything like that.

EDIT:

For example, here's a screenshot with an incorrect voucher code:

https://i.imgur.com/joH0IVZ.png

The error at the bottom about "not recognising that voucher" does NOT happen when I put in my code, but the error at the top does.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using a Chromecast generation 1 or Chromecast generation 2 to redeem the code ?

Have you tried using a different internet browser when applying the voucher code ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast gen 1 I guess, it's pretty old.

I just tried Microsoft Edge, same error as before:

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't use Chromecast anymore for NowTV and i cannot redeem my voucher code due to that i already have a 4 month cinema voucher already on my NowTV account which doesn't expire well after the final promo date.

Another Forum member has posted here (see link below)  mentioning that the Chromecast Gen 1 are excluded from the NowTV Promo Offer, where there is no mention in the T&C's.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Chromecast/2-Month-NowTV-Cinema-Pass-with-a-New-Chromecast-Purchase-from/m-p/446054#M1977

Suggest that somebody @Anonymous User provides further clarification about this Chromecast NowTV offer when they are on the forum hopefully sometime tomorrow ?

therealhakdaddy
Scholar

I'm having exactly same issue with gen 2 ChromeCast
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @therealhakdaddy

I would suggest that you try contacting NowTV live chat and ask them can they add the Google Chromecast Offer Voucher code to your account.

Here's the link for live chat, click on the "Anything else" grey drop down arrow where you should be presented with an option button to contact live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

Legend 5
Legend 5

It is not just the Chromecast offer that is having problems.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.