cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling

I found out after going round the houses, that if you want to cancel a pass or passes you have to go to Passes and Vouchers under your Acoount and Not to bills and payments or anywhere else. They will try and keep you so you have to click a few times to actually cancel your Pass.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried that but when I click on cancel there is no sign that it has been cancelled. The chat line is hopeless. Long winded, passed around and then lost connection. Driving me nuts

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The sign that the Pass has been cancelled is that when you go back into My Account/Passes & Vouchers, it tell you there that it is cancelled.

And you should get a confirmation email from NowTV.

If not, go through Cancelling again; there are about 4 steps, so make sure you don’t bail out early.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks  RoyB(Scholar3) but there weren't any steps at all. I clicked on cancel, got the NOW TV balloons then was presented with the cancel button again. I have read that there are steps such as "are you sure you want to cancel" but didn't get any. After chasing this all day with people saying I hadn't got an entertainment pass I finally got hold of someone that knew what she was doing. She has now cancelled it for me. Too all day!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this cancel the whole account? So you can’t get back into it ?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Cancelling is done Pass by Pass - e.g. if you have both Movies and Entertainment, you might want to Cancel Movies, but keep Entertainment, in which case your Cancel would be just of the Movies Pass.

Also, what you are Cancelling is the automatic rollover to another month of having the Pass, and being charged for it - e.g. if it is now 25th June, and the Movies Pass is scheduled to start its new month on July 10th, then Cancelling says “Don’t renew on July 10th, and indeed, don’t renew ever again, unless I come back, try to watch a Movie, and agree to start a new Pass when you tell me I have to do this if I want to watch it”

From which you can see that (a) you can still watch Movies up until July 10th and (b) you can change your mind later on and start again and (c) your Entertainment Pass and your Account are unaffected and (d) there is no refund for the period June 25 - July 10, as you can still use the existing Movies Pass until it expires.

There is a procedure on NowTV for deleting a whole account, but this is different from Cancelling a Pass or Passes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. How do I cancel it completely?
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Leaving/m-p/497911/highlight/true#M14310

Please ‘Accept Answer’ now, if you are so inclined, as you won’t be able to come back and do it later Smiley Tongue