cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling tv entertainment robbed

I have been robbed. Now tv did it. Will they get away with it...

I cancelled my entertainment package earlier in September on the now tv website. I had to press 'continue cancelling ' 5 times, meanwhile each page tries its best to make it seem as though you have successfully cancelled and you can crack on with your life. I have now been charged again today. This must be illegal, once you press it once it should cancel, that's all you press to set up. It is a clear display they don't give a dam by pushing people into poverty by stealing an extra tenner off people by crooked means. I have raised a complaint of course but expect nothing from them.

Also, you cannot remove your card/account details, everything is behind a 'you must message to do this' inconvenience. They make everything easy to sign up but suck your blood. There will be people who are paying because they can't cancel. Its a massive con.

Used to use them to enjoy things sporadically through the year but their business practices are a con so I urge you to STAY CLEAR. 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Throughout this cancellation process. Did you receive an email confirmation of said cancelled membership?

If not then I’m afraid you didn’t go through all “hoops” to cancel your membership.

Also your rant is completely misplaced. To warn other people of the service you’re best to put it on social media. Putting on here is well only going to be seen by existing customers, not new ones before they take up the service.

You can also jump onto live chat to see if you can get a speedy resolution. Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

The complaint, was it via email? If so was it to this address seen in the below picture.

6BF7FDCE-A3CF-424D-AC63-0D952F571710.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Gav, no rant is completely misplaced, thanks for the link. I am/was an existing customer so to anyone else stuck in the spiral they can use your reply to sort it. Now tv have already been in touch and refunded. So rant over and mission accomplished. Continue as you are, even in your patronising manner you have managed to assist. You are a lone warrior doing good in the Now Community void of life. In a bit. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What is unquestionably misplaced here is calling @gavs82008 ‘s reply patronising.

Everything in it was straight down the line.

If you think that one or two things in it might have been patronising because you already knew them, or they described traps you knew not to fall into, then everything like that gets covered because other people don’t know those things, or do fall into those traps, and as we don’t know you well enough to judge your level of expertise, the tried and trusted response is to cover everything. As we don't know who it is and isn’t overkill for.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but your rant is misplaced Roy...

RoyB
Legend

Sigh…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.