cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling broadband order with NowTV

I am in the process of moving locally where I live and my existing broadband provider, could not provide broadband to where I am moving too.

I ordered broadband with NowTV and used the option to transfer my existing home phone number on their website.  It seems that with NowTV when moving home to another property within the same phone exchange, they cannot transfer an existing landline number to another property.

I spoke with Openreach on this issue who say that it is possible to setup a new broadband package with moving a landline from one property to another and that NowTV should talk to Openreach on this issues, as they at the end of the day will be carrying out the work.   

No one from NowTV  has spoken to Openreach on the issue above, so last Friday morning I requested that broadband order be cancelled.  4 hours later, the order for broadband was still on my account.  I queried this again and was told that it can take 24 hours for orders to be cancelled.  48 hours later the is yet again  still on my account!!!

I also, asked foe e-mails to be stopped to be sent to my e-mail account with regards to the broadband order, yet I am still receiving e-mails!    

Looks like I am going to have to make a complaint to the minister for digital and creative industries and question with them as to whether NowTV should be providing broadband to customers.    

I expect that there will be a full apology by the CEO of NowTV, who I have written too, given to me by Friday 7th June.  Otherwise, I will seek about taking legal actions against NowTV.      

Now, I have been within the IT/telecommunications industry for over 20 years.  I was able to manually move recognition of a telephone number from one property to another over 20 years ago, I am sure that it is even simpler in the digital age of today.  It is just that the system that NowTV uses, expects customers that are moving to take up new phone numbers, rather than keep their existing phone numbers as I require to do.   

Anyway, I am going with another broadband provider.  That broadband provider, is also part of the Sky Group of companies.  So, you would think if one company with the Sky group can achieve what I want, that they all should be able to do it?   

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As for waiting 15 - 20 minutes to speak to someone on the phone, it is not worth it as even the so called Technical people with NowTV have no idea ho to create an account with a new number and then park an existing number on the phone exchange into replacing the new number that was setup on the account.