cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling Content Pass within Cooling Off period

Hi there, looking for some advice please.

I cancelled my NowTV 10-month Sports Pack within 14 days, but have been informed by Live Chat that I'm only entitled to a refund of the original payment amount, less the Sky Sports Day Pass price of £7.99.  The reason being that I watched some content within that cooling off period.

This seems incorrect, with the critical terms in the confirmation email being: 

"Cancellation period for any content passes: You have the right to cancel your purchase of a NOW TV content pass, and receive a full refund without giving any reason, any time up to 14 days ("cooling off period")

Effects of cancellation: If you cancel during your cooling off period we will refund to you all payments received from you, including any delivery costs. "

These imply that watching the content has no effect.  Only the timing of cancellation is important.

Have I been misinformed?  Any advice appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER CANCELLATION PERIOD FOR ANY CONTENT PASSES:

You have the right to cancel your purchase of a NOW TV content pass, and receive a full refund without giving any reason, any time up to 14 days (“cooling off period”) from the later of: (a) the date of purchase; (b) the date of delivery (for content passes which are redeemed using a voucher code we send you or you have purchased as part of a bundle); or (c) receipt of this notice, except where:

• You activated a Sky Sports Day Pass or a Sky Sports Week Pass and agreed at that point that you lost the right to cancel.
  • You purchased or activated a Sky Cinema Month Pass, an Entertainment Month Pass, a Kids Month Pass, a hayu Month Pass or a Sky Sports Month Pass and agreed at that point you lost the right to cancel.

the website terms seem slightly different

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

It is quite confusing, because these are all "content" passes.  The Sky Sports Month Pass seems to refer to a product which runs on a recurring monthly billing period, with no defined ending.  I have more sympathy for the lack of a full refund in that case, because you're only techically commiting to 1 month at the outset.

I'm not sure I'd be considered to be bound by those terms, since I pre paid for the season in advance.  

Does NowTV have a phone line to call?  I only seem to be able to find the Live Chat link, and can't get anywhere with that.