cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled my account and still being charged.

I am so ###### off. This app is a scam. I have logged on like 12 times to try and get this sorted and youre still taking my money!!!! It’s ridiculous. And there is no way to contact you or for mew to figure out if my account is actually cancelled... this is the worst streaming service i have ever experienced.  I will be leaving terrible reviews on ALL platforms. 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Assuming the account you on here with is the affected one, there is a way you can see for yourself, without having to contact NOWTV, if your account is cancelled (or to be exact, your Passes are cancelled)

Go to My Account/Passes & Vouchers and see what it says on that page; there should be nothing under Your Passes.

If there is, then either you didn’t successfully cancel, or someone with access to your account renewed. Quite small children have been known to do this, or housemates, on an unprotected account,

To prevent the latter, go to Settings & PINs, and set a Payment PIN that only you know.

As regards the former, work through the cancellation process, which is about 4 steps, one of which may have snuck off the bottom of the screen you are looking at, until NowTV agree you have Cancelled, for each Pass you find active and indicating that it will renew in the next month.

Double-check by looking at a refreshed Passes & Vouchers screen to ensure that it shows no active payment renewal date (the Pass entry will still be there, and the Pass will still work until the renewal date comes around).

in the unlikely event that you can establish that NowTV have taken money from you when no money was due, come back for details of how to contact them to get this rectified.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.