cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled but still charged

I cancelled the free week if nowtv today. The payment was due to come off tomorrow as it said. But now nearly £25 has been taken from my bank account even after I have cancelled everything. 

I've tried to contact nowtv several ways included live chat but it doesn't work.

Can someone please tell me why they have taken money from my account? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi James

Unfortunately, this is a customer based forum and so no one here will be able to help with your account problem.  You should contact Now TV via the following email address, they will be able to sort you out:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi James

Unfortunately, this is a customer based forum and so no one here will be able to help with your account problem.  You should contact Now TV via the following email address, they will be able to sort you out:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s no good 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It's no good?

Could you explain what you mean?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's £11.99 and £9.99 I've been charged. All I did was sign up for a free week then cancelled today before the payment was due to come off tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Bob. Is that all lower case?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again James

Yes, use lower case if you feel uncomfortable with how my display is set out.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I used all lower case. Quite telling as to how things work with nowtv that the CS info had to be posted in a cropped pic rather than typed. Sorry I ever entered my card details into the site. Also can't actually remove my payment details either. Guess I should have checked trustpilot before signing up as nowtv have a 1.7 star rating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So it turns out it was mostly my fault. I had accidentally signed up for an additional subscription to something. There was no indication that when clicking on the part with movies and the part with sport that it would be another separate subscription. And that was with me sitting with another person who also didn't see any indication of a separate charge. 

AlsoI thought it was last Sunday I signed up but it was the Saturday. That's totally my fault that I couldn't remember. To say I've lost track of days in the past few weeks is an understatement.

Anyway I spoke to a lovely person at nowtv CS via email who eventually refunded me to my original payment method. That was after the first offer of refunding credit for future nowtv use. But I said I have no use for that and as can be seen, I haven't used any of the extra services I accidentally signed up for. So all good in the end. 

As I wrote in the feedback form, some things need improving with nowtv...

For sure the ease of signing up for a new service is worrying. There should at least be a warning screen that it "will induce an extra charge/do you wish to continue/yes or no" type thing. As I said that was me and another person that totally thought it was included and we watched Joker after watching The Strain.

Another thing would be to make contacting CS easier. Maybe it's just my Chrome browser on mobile but live chat didn't work. Maybe it's because it's late on a Sunday too? I couldn't find a CS email or contact number either. I think this is the way a lot of services are going now, making it harder to contact them, instead using a self service thing. 

Thanks to Bob for the email address. 

Lastly not being able to remove your payment card details unless you contact CS, which can be difficult, is terrible. It should be illegal and I'm sure that will be a problem for some people.

Again, I can see how nowtv would get such a low rating on trustpilot. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't got such an understanding person in the CS team I would be out of pocket all because if a silly mistake from me and lack of clarity on the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to cancel my not tv but its been renewed and I need to speak to Now TV there is no option to. I have messaged on social media but theres no response. help!