cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled but still charged

I had won a McDonald's Monopoly free trial for a NOW TV entertainment pass, signed up and cancelled it within 2 weeks. I am the only person using this account (on my PC and iPhone, which I made sure to log out delete after canceling) therefore I do not know why I was charged £7.99 this month when it said I has successfully cancelled my pass I had logged in today after not using my account to fix this situation and again pressed cancel, in case it would charge me again in January as in my payments section it says I have an upcoming payment, despite canelling it already. I would like a refund, if possible as I made sure to cancel my pass so it wouldn't automatically renew, as it said it did. 

Many thanks, 

An unhappy customer. 

18 REPLIES 18
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You'll need to keep using live chat for refunds, but check now on your My Account > My Passes page that there is no month sports pass showing active (cancel it if there is, and make sure you go through every step until it confirms cancelled as there is quite a few).

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

It shouldn't be charging you more than once a month so if you've had three charges in one month there might be active sports passes on other NOW TV accounts you've got, if you've ever set up more than one (or someone else in the household has using your card) then log into those and make sure there is no active pass on those.

I would also recommend enabling your Payment PIN on all your accounts, this will prevent accidental or unauthorised payments in the future. If you have a NOW TV Box it's easy for people to accidentally purchase a pass. To turn your Payment PIN on, go to your My Account > Payment PIN page

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happened to me TWICE! 

I also cancelled the direct debit with my bank after it happened the second time. Then I received emails from now tv saying they could not process payment (rightly so, because i cancelled) and then it came out again two months later. I've spoken to them and they've said they will refund me. 

Crooked company!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled my free trial day before the trial was up - checked my balance today and I have been charged. Followed all steps to ensure the pass was cancelled. Want a refund please 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is clearly how NOWTV conduct their business, I had the same thing so have thousands of others. I asked about 10 times on the ridiculously frustrating “live chat” how I could be charged when I cancelled the pass the very next day after signing up, Which gave almost 4 weeks for them to process the cancellation, and the robotic representative would only say “we’ve processed your refund” and refused to explain how I could still have been charged. This is clearly a standard business practise for NOWTV, a couple of times you could understand, but thousands of people having the same problem? That’s no accident. THEIVES 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. I cancelled my pass online pretty much straight after signing up for the free trial and just realised they've been charging me for the last 4 months !!

I've tried the live chat but they are refusing to give me a full refund despite the technical issues they are encountering not processing cancellations for so many of their frustrated customers.

Has anybody managed to get a full refund if so can you advise of the process?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. I cancelled my pass online pretty much straight after signing up for the free trial and just realised they've been charging me for the last 4 months !!

I've tried the live chat but they are refusing to give me a full refund despite the technical issues they are encountering not processing cancellations for so many of their frustrated customers.

Has anybody managed to get a full refund if so can you advise of the process?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I remember cancelling my free pass December 2018. Today I realised that I've been charged two months. The live chat assistants seemed to be intentionally obtuse saying I only cancelled today; finally after 45 minutes of insistence I got a full refund though they had claimed they couldn't do that. Very shifty company indeed. We all need to negatively review NOWTV and their shady practices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

think its some sort of con im going to get onto my bank tommorow about getting my money back iv'e cancelled it twice now and still get billed every month 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had a similar issue. I signed up for the 7day free trial made sure to cancel it straight away as I didn’t want to be charged and purely signed up since it was specified I could cancel at any time and still get my free trial. On the 7th day we checked and we could no longer watch things so I was positive it was all cancelled. However I now see for some unknown reason I have been charged? I have cancelled yet again, making sure there’s no more up and coming payments now. But I’m very annoyed and disappointed. You say you make it easy to cancel, but you very clearly don’t I’ve had to cancel twice already and if I’m honest am scared I’ll be charged again, since cancelling did nothing the first time. I’d honestly like a refund, I can’t get on any live chats and your other help service gives automated and extremely unhelpful information. Massive waste of my time. I’d really appreciate it if you could amend this issue. 
Thanks