cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled but still charged

I had won a McDonald's Monopoly free trial for a NOW TV entertainment pass, signed up and cancelled it within 2 weeks. I am the only person using this account (on my PC and iPhone, which I made sure to log out delete after canceling) therefore I do not know why I was charged £7.99 this month when it said I has successfully cancelled my pass I had logged in today after not using my account to fix this situation and again pressed cancel, in case it would charge me again in January as in my payments section it says I have an upcoming payment, despite canelling it already. I would like a refund, if possible as I made sure to cancel my pass so it wouldn't automatically renew, as it said it did. 

Many thanks, 

An unhappy customer. 

18 REPLIES 18
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

If you pop onto live chat, and explain what happened then hopefully they will sort out a refund. To get there go to the following help page

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Afterwards, make sure you pop back onto your My Account > My Passes page to make sure your passes is saying cancelled. Bear in mind when you cancel a pass there's quite a few steps you need to go through before it eventually confirms it is cancelled.

I would also recommend enabling your Payment PIN in your account, this will prevent accidental or unauthorised payments in the future. To turn your Payment PIN on, go to your My Account > Payment PIN page

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I used this app 2 yrs back last time only on my phone, had problem with the application, thats why i deleted my account, and my bank card details, and my user account, but it is still charging looks like every month. Whats going on? I succesfully delete my account again at last december and thoesen't matter still charge me!!???  I Would like to get back my refound! This is crazy!

Im very sad customer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled the monthly sports pass last month. And iv just been charged again for it. This month. Its taken me in to my overdraft! Refund my account NOW! This company is a joke. No call center. Lack of customer service is disdisgust 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the pass is still active so you'll need to cancel it again, make sure you go through all the steps as there are quite a few until it's confirmed cancelled at the end (you should receive an email confirmation soon afterwards).

As for a refund, if you haven't already try talking to live chat, explaining the situation and seeing if they can do anything for you. To get there go to the following help page

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't get on to the live chat on my phone
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User In that case I'd suggest going to My Account > My Passes 

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

and click on 'I think I've been charged incorrectly, what should I do?' at the bottom and fill in the request form.

if @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team has a moment he might also be able to help you directly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has just happened to me too!

Just sent a case in.

I have also just cancelled again. Went back in to check and it was still active. So cancelled again and eventually got it to show as cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have cancelled 3 times over the past few and yet i still got charged. I tried using the live chat but as someone said it does not seem to work on a phone. After been charged for a 4th time today i got my bank involved to put a block on now tv. I would advise anyone having problems to do the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been charge 3 times this month for Sports pass. Each time I have used online chat.

They are helpful, but it does not stop it happening again. I even got a new debit card and activated it, thinking that would stop their ability to auto renew, but it has not.

The marketing people generate the following email....... and off we go again. £33.99. I don’t even like sport.

Your ticket to sporting greatness

And here it is. Your Sky Sports Month Pass. With no contract and no strings, it’s your commitment-free way to enjoy all 10 Sky Sports channels, whenever you want, wherever you want.

Your first payment has been made. It’s just £33.99 a month unless cancelled.

Your order details for today are:

Order Reference: xxxxxxxxx
Order Date: ++ Mar-2018
Today's Payment: GBP 33.99

Happy watching

THE NOWTV TEAM