cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
no-one
Advocate

Cancelled Subscription

I signed up to now tv with an offer, I wasn't aware that it had a minimum sub involved. 

However, there is a 14 day cooling off period and I have canceled the subscription. 

I subscribed on the Tuesday and canceled the immediate Friday. 

the website is showing I must remain in the minimum term contract however I am well within my cooling off period of 14 days, therefore I should not be forced to remain in the contract. 

I have no idea how to speak to someone at now tv regarding this as the chat bot takes me to the website and the website takes me to the chat bot. 

I'm hoping someone from now tv can advise. 

or if anyone has any contract details to speak to a person in their customer service.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Saint1976
Elite 3

RoyB
Legend

@no-one 

Streaming and downloading have rather special arrangements for the cooling-off period; if you take out a membership, something you can use immediately, then you will have been asked to waive your rights to the cooling-off period. (Otherwise you could just consume the content and then decline to pay for it).

Presumably, you will have agreed to this, or you would not be allowed the membership?

See the Terms and Conditions, here:-

https://www.nowtv.com/terms

13. YOUR RIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND

13.1 Cancellation period for any membership or viewing add-on

Except where you purchased or activated a membership or viewing add-on and agreed at that point you would lose the right to cancel, you have the right to cancel your purchase of a membership or viewing add-on, and receive a full refund, without giving any reason any time up to 14 days (“cooling off period”) from the later of:

13.1.1 the date of purchase;

13.1.2 the date of delivery (for memberships which are redeemed using a voucher code we send you or you have purchased as part of a bundle); or

13.1.3 receipt of this notice.

In practice, Now will often be more lenient than this, but I wouldn’t start arguing the Cooling-off period with them if you have already watched anything.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.