Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancellation

I would like to cancel my now tv  subscription but can't seem to do it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot sign in to an account I had forgotten about but still being debited monthly,I have forgotten my signing in details.

I think this dates back to when I purchased a Smart NowTv box.

Going badly please help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot sign in to an account I had forgotten about but still being debited monthly,I have forgotten my signing in details.

I think this dates back to when I purchased a Smart NowTv box.

Going badly please help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't cancel as apparently it is not possible whilst they are trying to process a payment. My payments normally come off around the 25th of the month but it's only the 13th. What the hell? I am royally cheesed off. If that payment comes off this month I could be well and truly up S**t creek. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Having same issue. Trying to cancel, but it’s telling me I can’t while it tries to bill me. I want to cancel. Not be billed.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The billing process is quite complex for NowTV, who apply up to 24 hours early to your bank with the desired date, and NowTV have no control over precisely when the bank makes the transfer.

So if you could Cancel during this period, NowTV might or might not be able to stop the transfer, and/or might or might not have to raise a refund.

During which period you might or might not try to reinstate the service, so they might or might not need to take payment again.

Complex and error-prone, and the very devil to unpick if it went wrong, or someone claimed it had gone wrong.

So once that payment request goes in, the Cancellation option is frozen until NowTV have the payment, which sidesteps all the scenarios above.

What you have to do is as soon as you see you can Cancel again, do so, don’t watch the service, and get on to NowTV via Live Chat to request a refund.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

And for for those who intend to Cancel in the future, do it in good time before the payment date, as soon as you know you want to cancel and in any case more than 24 hours before the due date. The existing pass keeps running until that date anyway, so you could cancel as soon as the Pass starts, in principle.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've cancelled but I'm still being charged. When I follow instructions the page prompts me to enter more card details. Therefore it is a loop. Can you advise how I get a refund on my charge and can someone please stop further charges happening?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have used more than one NowTV usernames or Sky ID in the past ?

If under My Passes you are getting a prompt for entering your bank card details, this would suggest that you have signed in with the wrong/ older username and you would need to "sign in" with the current username that still has the active passes against your bank card.

This guide article linked below might point you in the right direction.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancelled-but-still-being-charged

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

People having multiple NOW TV accounts appears the source of most customers problems such as this. Especially when they don't cancel their subscriptions using the active NOW TV account. Ideally you should be using the same log-in name (not forum name) and password across all your NOW TV devices including this forum.

That being said, given that this is an 'account' related issue (which is subject to the Data Protection Act), I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'live chat' facility... They're usually pretty quick at resolving such things 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Also, when your issue is resolved, can you come back to this topic and tell us what your issue was? As I suspect you have more than one NOW TV account!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to cancel this pass for months. How do I do it? I only registered for free trial and now I keep getting charged £20 a month for something I don't want/use with no way of cancelling.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly have you read all the good advice given on this thread that you have posted on ?

If you are still struggling to cancel your passes, then you can contact nowtv live chat from the link page below.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV