cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancel

My 12 months contract runs out on 1st June. Am I better waiting and moving after that date or getting the ball rolling now. Bill going up quite a bit too much for my liking. I don't have a phone plugged in but am going to get charged 7 quid for calls. Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

About three weeks before you 12 month Broadband contract is up, NowTV would normally send you an email with your options on it.

One of the three options on the email is a new 12 month discounted offer contract deal.

You don't have to take the Anytime Calls package for £8 if you don't use their telephone landline service.

When you receive the email there should be a Basket Reference number and phone number to call them. 

Just phone them when you receive the email and ask them for their best deal with or without the Anytime calls.

If you are not satisfied with the new discounted deal, then look elsewhere for a better deal.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

About three weeks before you 12 month Broadband contract is up, NowTV would normally send you an email with your options on it.

One of the three options on the email is a new 12 month discounted offer contract deal.

You don't have to take the Anytime Calls package for £8 if you don't use their telephone landline service.

When you receive the email there should be a Basket Reference number and phone number to call them. 

Just phone them when you receive the email and ask them for their best deal with or without the Anytime calls.

If you are not satisfied with the new discounted deal, then look elsewhere for a better deal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had 12 months trouble free broadband  and used my phone only a few times to local numbers.

Now wrote to me explaining my deal is up at the end of the month. I was paying £31 a month all in. Now that my contract is coming to an end the same deal is available to new subscribers but I cant have the deal as I am not a new customer!!

The best they have offered me is £38 a month.

Why would any savvy company want to lose a customer to a rival because they wont offer a deal to a loyal customer they already have???

It makes absolutely no sense at all.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey, that’s marketing, Got a car insurance renewal quote from the AA, checked online to see if it was competitive, found a better quote, still the AA. So rang them; the guys actually says, “yes, I can see that quote on my screen, but I can’t offer it to you”. So thanked him, bought online, got a meerkat toy, which the AA would have had to pay for in their commission to the site, so they got paid even less than the cheaper quote they couldn’t give me.

You couldn’t make it up....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no help. Doesn't anybody understand i wont to cancel nowtv, and have nothing to do  with nowtv again that's all i wont .

Anonymous User
Not applicable
In the past I have always just changed supplier as your line has to be
moved across to the new supplier they inform your old one.. They soon
contact you then lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I need to cancel nowtv as soon as possible, I'm finding it impossible to do .

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There is no such phone number, and there never was, even before the pandemic.

But Cancelling is something you should be able to do for yourself, under My Account/Passes & vouchers.

What steps are you taking, and where does the process fail?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No help i wont to cancel nowtv and have nothing to do with nowtv again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Were is nowtv phone number can't find it anywhere can someone send it to me.