Not applicable

Cancel membership

There is no option for me to cancel my account.I wish to cancel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can cancel the membership through the website. There is no such thing as "cancel account", can I assume you actually mean "close account"?

If so send an email to customer services using the email address from my signature below. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can cancel the membership through the website. There is no such thing as "cancel account", can I assume you actually mean "close account"?

If so send an email to customer services using the email address from my signature below. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I don’t wish to pay for the account anymore

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All you need to do is cancel the memberships. You don't need to delete the account. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when I click membership it doesn’t state which one I have to select cancel 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to cancel my account and want my money back bcs it’s charging me for something I dint even subscribe to 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to cancel the subscription and I want my money back bcs I didnt even subscribe to it 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

As per

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Getting-started-on-the-Community/m-p/525297/thread-id/16459

there are some key things about the Community to know:-

“It’s a great place to find useful advice and tips for getting the most out of NOW TV.

However, our members are customers just like you so while they’ll be able to offer great advice on more common issues and help you troubleshoot any problems they won’t be able to help with any billing issues, changes to your account or services.”

Likewise any broadband problems that go beyond what advice from other members can cover.

Accordingly, Now make it possible to contact them if that is the sort of help you unavoidably need.

But while it’s tempting to dive straight in with that, Now want you to check out the very comprehensive Help before contacting them, to save you needing to contact them if at all possible.

As set out in the following link, which does lead you to direct contact, when the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

From here, you can contact Now via Live Chat.

Or for Broadband customers only with Broadband-related issues only, via telephone.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ if you have come to this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that would assist you in navigating the Help very nicely; but if you are here, you have already gone beyond that.

Rather than chat to Now, you might prefer to email them, which you can do to

customerservices@ nowtv.com

(omit the space, needed here as the Community software ‘eats’ properly formed email addresses).

Some problems can be better expressed in an email, but it’s up to you.

I don’t want to make this an FAQ, but I do have four top tips for items that come up over and over, and these may save you some time or some grief:-

‘My daughter/son/mother/father/brother/sister/flatmate/friend accidentally bought a pass on my account.’

You have to talk to Now to resolve this, but better to avoid it in the first place by setting a Payment PIN.

An unknown or unauthorised person is using my account’.

Or worse, has bought a membership on it, though a Payment PIN will stop that.

There are various circumstances ‘unknown’ can happen under; always, when disposing of a device, TV, stick, or what-have-you, make sure you are logged out of Now, and preferably Factory Reset it before disposal, so your account can’t be used by whoever has it next

‘Unauthorised’ is often an ex-partner who you don’t want to have access any more.

To solve either, you need to reset your password; but as this isn’t enough on its own, there is a step there to blow every device off your account (including all your own, unfortunately), so they can’t carry on using your account.

However, this doesn’t work properly at present, so you have to ask Now to do it for you. Hopefully, this will be fixed in the near future.

‘I don’t have Boost, and when I want to switch from one device to another, it makes me wait up to ten minutes before I can.’

If you exit cleanly from the content on the first device (no need to exit the app), you can start on another device almost instantly.

‘I cancelled my memberships, but I’m still being charged’.

I’ll just cover the two main possibilities here, but there are others.

Maybe you didn’t cancel completely? There are four steps, and you need to go through them all. And you should get an email,confirming cancellation. But go into

Manage Account/Now Membership, and make sure than none of the memberships you thought you had cancelled are offering Cancel Membership. If they are, repeat the Cancel.

The other possibility is that you have another account that you are being charged for memberships on. This you can check, as far as is possible, with

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-but-still-being-charged

another useful option from the very fine Help.

================================================================================

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot find anyway to close my account as I am moving away and no longer want Broadband. Can somebody tell me how I can email/contact Customer Service please? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Number to call below. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/cancelling-my-service

Thinking of cancelling? NOW Broadband Members can call 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412473