cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't add the SAME payment card from my broadband to tv package.

I have tried for days to update my payment card on the TV side of my account to the same card that I use for my broadband because I want to buy an entertainment membership, I am putting the same card I use for broadband into the form, and every time am told it can't be authorised.

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Is this a debit card? I believe that you can only pay for the various packages using a credit card.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can pay for TV with Visa, Mastercard or Amex. Now don’t specify ‘debit card’, so a credit card should be fine.

You can’t pay with Maestro.

Now have to be able to take £1 from the card, so if you have no funds on a debit card or are maxed out on a credit card, this won’t  be accepted.

And also note that if you dig, you will find:-

Unfortunately there are some Visa and Mastercard prepaid cards we don't accept at the moment.

If you can't save the details for your prepaid card, please try using a different payment card instead.

For Broadband, you can pay with MasterCard or Visa only, not with Amex.

I have seen it reported before that a card OK for Broadband was not accepted for TV, which would imply Prepaid; are you using a Prepaid card?

Or might anything else above apply, or is this just Now refusing to accept a perfectly valid card?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.