cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't Log In on Wifi - Static IP Address blocked?

Last week my Roku box (Connected via Powerline ethernet) suddenly started giving me an error, "Oops something went wrong, We couldnt log you in right now, please try again later".

It was still working on my iPad over the wifi, so I just watched my sport on that.

This weekend, I decided to get to the bottom of it, so I had another go and the issue is still the same. Some reading online suggested rebooting the router for 30 mins or so, but given that this probably solves the issue by changing your IP address, this probably won't help me. I have a static IP address at home, so it will remain the same on a reboot. It didn't help.

I used my laptop (over wifi) to try and log into the Now TV site to get some support and I couldnt log in there either. Kept getting all manner of errors and the live chat button simply doesnt do anything.

I disabled the wifi on my laptop as it has a mobile network access, and I managed to get logged in and change my password (to be safe). I then logged out on my tablet, and tried to log back in, but now this also cant log in. Given this also has mobile web access, I did the same on there with the same results. It can log in over mobile internet.

So it seems pretty clear to me that my IP address at home has been blacklisted, and given there is no contact number, no email address, the twitter help user isn't responding and live chat buttons seem to do absolutely nothing, I have been left with no choice but to cancel my monthly subscription before it renews.
If anyone has any other ideas about how I can get my IP address unblacklisted, I would be happy to start buying passes again.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Last week my Roku box (Connected via Powerline ethernet) suddenly started giving me an error, "Oops something went wrong, We couldnt log you in right now, please try again later".

It was still working on my iPad over the wifi, so I just watched my sport on that.

This weekend, I decided to get to the bottom of it, so I had another go and the issue is still the same. Some reading online suggested rebooting the router for 30 mins or so, but given that this probably solves the issue by changing your IP address, this probably won't help me. I have a static IP address at home, so it will remain the same on a reboot. It didn't help.

I used my laptop (over wifi) to try and log into the Now TV site to get some support and I couldnt log in there either. Kept getting all manner of errors and the live chat button simply doesnt do anything.

I disabled the wifi on my laptop as it has a mobile network access, and I managed to get logged in and change my password (to be safe). I then logged out on my tablet, and tried to log back in, but now this also cant log in. Given this also has mobile web access, I did the same on there with the same results. It can log in over mobile internet.

So it seems pretty clear to me that my IP address at home has been blacklisted, and given there is no contact number, no email address, the twitter help user isn't responding and live chat buttons seem to do absolutely nothing, I have been left with no choice but to cancel my monthly subscription before it renews.
If anyone has any other ideas about how I can get my IP address unblacklisted, I would be happy to start buying passes again.

Same here .Nearly an hour with on line chat still not resolved ..Will be taking to social media to spread the word how crap Now TV is

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, did you ever get it sorted if so how please  ? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you with BT? If so, there is a possible answer under your other posting about this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.