cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t Cancel Pass After Free Trial & Being Charged

I was under the impression that I had cancelled any ongoing subscription at the end of a recent free trial period but I am being charged from my bank account.......... I do not want the subscription, I did`nt even watch any movies or shows during the trial period......  I have made numerous attempts to contact someone regarding this matter via "ONLINE CHAT" which seems to be the only displayed means of actually conversing with anyone directly........... can you please cancel any further charges and subscriptions immediately

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm so sorry it sounds you have the same issue as us, it seems they have no interest in speaking with anyone and are purely an internet only model run purely for new sales.

I wish you luck getting this resolved.

Kind regards

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It does seem a bit rich to attempt to blag a free week, with no interest in paying for anything, and then complaining about the company who gave you that free week because they did exactly what they explained to you they would do at the end of it......

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I couldn't find a more fitting one. I paid for a two month pass thinking it would be a two month pass. It was a subscription. (Labelled as a two month pass). Apparently I had to login to cancel - I found this out a year later with no contact saying they were taking my money. I mean I appreciate the lack of spam but that's a mighty dirty way to do business. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You don’t get, or don’t check, bank statements?

It isn’t just NowTV I worry about seeing unexpected charges from; I found out that I was subscribed to Kindle Unlimited, somewhat to my surprise.

I was going to indignantly cancel it, but I found it had been cheaper than buying the books I had got over that period outright 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, 

so I don’t get bank statements - nor am I doing well enough not to notice a monthly direct debit, but, well I guess I am! But before lockdown I stopped my gym and other services and this was not there. I can’t express that enough. Plus I wouldn’t have minded if I knew, I could have done with the viewing! They’ve been okayish about it. Considering it was half my fault. I’m still annoyed. Obvs. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That sounded Braggy amount me doing well. I just meant usually I would notice a small amount because I’m not working in quarantine and need it. But I didn’t. Which is on me but giving subscriptions under the guise of passes is bad.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I don’t get bank statements - nor am I doing well enough not to notice a monthly direct debit

The problem with Now TV is that it is not a direct debit you can cancel with the bank, but a continuous payment authority https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/recurring-payments/

This means you only know about them after they happen.

The best way to avoid these is to have an card on an account where you need a positive balance to make payments. Monzo/Revolut/Starling all work in this way.  Maintain a low balance (less than £1) and you need never pay a subscription fee.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is mighty fine information. Thank you.

Again, dirty business.

I better go through my payments!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You have to take this up over Live Chat, generally, though you can raise a complaint, via 

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Make sure to explain on there how you come to have ordered up a free trial and never used it though, as this can be a bit bewildering....