cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can not cancel entertaiment pass

i purchased a two month pass which i have cancelled several times. each time my account said that pass had been canceled however each month since i have been charged and i have had to re canceled the pass.

i have not used or reactivated my account since the first two month so do not understand why i do not seem to be able to STOP being charged for this pass.

i have been asked for confirmation  e-mails of these cancelations when making contact via live chat. however i have not recieved any emails. i have gone though this again today and no email has been sent. i have asked for a phone number to talk to someone directly to sort out and can not be given one.

how do i stop being charged for a pass i do not want and how do i get my money back?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is also happening to me. I cancelled for the first time at least 6 months ago and still get charged every month. I cannot get in touch with anyone! Wish I’d never signed up!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

it is reassuring to know that i am not alone. i have not used this forum before and am hoping that someone from Now Tv will respond. i have submitted a complaint via web site however i didnt get a confirmation email for that either so do not expect them to get back to me.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

There are three principal issues that can cause these sorts of problems:-

(i) Have you set a Payment PIN under My Account/ Settings & PINs?

If you haven’t, then do so now, and don’t tell anybody what it is. (Maybe write it on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope in case of mishap though).

This will eliminate the possibility that someone else has access to your account and, deliberately or accidentally, is activating Passes on it again.

Do it even if you don’t think this applies to you. Even toddlers can be startlingly ept If left alone with the remote.

It’s also useful to check My Account/Devices for Devices you don’t recognise, and/or Last Used dates/times that surprise you. And possibly deactivate these.

(ii) Next, make sure that before you start your Cancelling, you can see a live Pass under My Account/Passes & Vouchers.

If you don’t see this, it is likely that you have a second account or accounts on the go, and it is on this/these that you are being charged.

If racking your brains or looking in your filing system does not turn up the details for such an account or accounts, contact Live Chat with your bank/card details at the ready, whichever you are being charged by NowTV on, and they should be able to find this/these for you.

On finding such an account, proceed as from (i) again.

(iii) Possibly you didn’t accomplish the complete Cancellation process. There are about four steps, and you have to take them all. When you think you have finished, revisit the Pass in question, and make sure it now shows as Cancelled, with no upcoming Payment Date.

If it doesn’t, rinse and repeat until it does.

Then take a screenshot of it to show NowTV if, despite doing all the above, you still get charged again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Forgot to add, to reach Live Chat:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you! I’ve done that and it says that it hasn’t been used for a year
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

So if you have been charged during that year, it means one of two things:-

(i) This isn’t the Account you are being charged for;

or

(ii) a device has been used in the year, but has been deleted before you looked at the account.

I don’t know if my clever co-contributors can think of any other possibilities?

Of these two, though, the first is highly likely, the second a possibility I mention only for completeness. You may well be sure enough of your account’s security and integrity to dismiss it as anything to be considered - and setting the Payment PIN I mentioned above would rule it out completely going forward.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB wrote:

So if you have been charged during that year, it means one of two things:-

(i) This isn’t the Account you are being charged for;

or

(ii) a device has been used in the year, but has been deleted before you looked at the account.

I don’t know if my clever co-contributors can think of any other possibilities?

Of these two, though, the first is highly likely, the second a possibility I mention only for completeness. You may well be sure enough of your account’s security and integrity to dismiss it as anything to be considered - and setting the Payment PIN I mentioned above would rule it out completely going forward.

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think @RoyB has hit the nail on the head here. This does indeed smile like there is a second account involved here.

As to the second possibility I think that this already been ruled out because you've already said that the account you are aware of hasn't been used for at least a year and if the account had been use in the past 12 months  payments for passes would show up in the previous payments section of your account.

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/previous

With regard to the second account is not much I or @RoyB can do to help you as just like you we are only customers. All I can really do is point you to the following section of help site if you get on to live chat they should be able to help you find the second account

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I hope you get this sorted as soon as possible😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have turned on the pin on my account, and checked devices. there does not seem to be any unusual activity. account was last used on the 20th may 2019 and cancelled soon afterwards. i can understand being charged on the 22 may but do not understand why i am being charged for june and july dispite re cancelling each month.

my account at present states that i do not have any upcoming payments however i am sure it stated this  when i cancelled the pass before.

no one else has access to my account and i have only logged onto account when seeing that now tv had taken payment so could not of reactivated.

i am a bit confused about being told on live chat that i should of recieved a conformation e mail. i have not recieved an email when cancelling again today, so even though my account states that i have no active passes and no upcoming payments does this mean that i am will be charged next month. ?

i am really worried about this now and live chat just cut me off when i wasnt able to give details of confimation emails. ???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At the moment they owe me £193.73 and can not get any answer from them