Well, that didn't go to plan

Please wait a moment and try again

com_00031

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SouthCoastAsh 

Have you got any free trails left on your account such has entertainment, kids, cinema ?

If so perhaps start a free trial on another pass, then cancel the free trial straight away by following the approximately four steps on screen until you get the green thumbs up message (take a screen shot for of it, then go back to Passes & Vouchers where there should be a cancelled message in red text next to the free trial you started).

Take another screen shot of it for future proof just in case you don't receive and email confirmation from nowtv that you cancelled a free trial pass.

Then go back to My Account > Passes & Vouchers to see if the HD Boost 7 day free trial is then available for you to start.

The above should work in theory (though i can't guarantee it will work) unless anybody else on here has got any other ideas on how to overcome this ?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SouthCoastAsh 

Firstly do you comply with this information taken from the HD Boost help article ?

If you’ve got an Entertainment, Sky Cinema or Kids Pass, you can start a free 7-day trial of NOW TV Boost whenever you fancy. Just head over to the Passes & vouchers area of My Account, and select Start free trial. Your free trial will cover all your active Passes, including any Sky Sports Passes you've got. 

If you’ve only got a Sky Sports Pass and no other Passes, you won’t be eligible for a free trial but you can add NOW TV Boost for just £3 a month. Head to Passes & vouchers and hit the Buy now button.  

Keep in mindYou won’t be able to get NOW TV Boost if you’ve only got a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass, or if you’re billed for your Passes by a third party such as iTunes or Vodafone.

SouthCoastAsh
Mentor

Sky sport season ticket is only thing active. 

No option to buy, just free trial. 

I don't want to have a second sub just to get 1080/50.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SouthCoastAsh 

Have you got any free trails left on your account such has entertainment, kids, cinema ?

If so perhaps start a free trial on another pass, then cancel the free trial straight away by following the approximately four steps on screen until you get the green thumbs up message (take a screen shot for of it, then go back to Passes & Vouchers where there should be a cancelled message in red text next to the free trial you started).

Take another screen shot of it for future proof just in case you don't receive and email confirmation from nowtv that you cancelled a free trial pass.

Then go back to My Account > Passes & Vouchers to see if the HD Boost 7 day free trial is then available for you to start.

The above should work in theory (though i can't guarantee it will work) unless anybody else on here has got any other ideas on how to overcome this ?

SouthCoastAsh
Mentor

I did suspect this might work as I did see a pending free trial.  I didn't want to waste it without some confirmation first as I've only just cancelled Entertainment pass.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SouthCoastAsh 

Glad it worked, where i had a sneaky feeling it would 😆.

At least i know now the answer if somebody else on the forum asks the same question where hopefully they have a unused kids or entertainment free trial on their account.

I totally forgot in my previous post, that the cinema 7 day free trial has now been removed by NowTV 😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SouthCoastAsh @Anonymous User Thanks to both of you for this, I also have the Sky Sports season ticket, and was getting the same error when trying to activate Boost. At first I thought it might have been because I was on the season ticket, and not the rolling monthly pass, but when I tried your steps it worked! Thanks for this quick fix, however Now TV definitely need to sort this in the coming days as I can see many people getting the same error...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have brought this to the attention of the NowTV Team to look into it.

BTW :- It looks like another forum member named schnaaab was accidentally tagged rather than me ☺. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for raising the issue with them. It’s something they definitely need to fix as starting then cancelling a trial seems a bit of a silly way of getting round it.

I’d like to ask, what was your logic behind it that make you think it would work, like when you said “it should in theory then work”? I was just wondering what make you think of that workaround as a solution, as myself could not link any reasoning to it!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apparently the NowTV Team are looking into it and on the case from what i have just been told.

With regards to my logic, then it was from my time & experience spent on here, where over time i have a good feel and understanding on how the NowTV system seems to work.

To me it just made sense (based on the above) to start a free entertainment or kids trial to open up the 7 day free Boost Trial.

Where under the NowTV Boost Help article FAQ it says that Sports only customers are not eligible to take advantage of the free trial and because there was no Buy Boost Pass option on our accounts then should you only be a Sports Pass customer then to me it made sense to start a free kids or entertainment trial to unlock the 7 day free trial Boost Pass because then you meet the 7 day free trial Boost criteria.

Until NowTV fixes it, i can't see a short term workaround if a customer hasn't got a spare free kids or entertainment trial on their account to unlock the 7 day free Boost Trial.

Let's hope NowTV gets a fix in place ASAP.