cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I watch Now Tv abroad?

I do a lot of traveling and was wondering if I can view Now TV away from the UK?

36 Replies
NOW TV Team Stephen-L
NOW TV Team

Re: Can I watch Now Tv abroad?

Hi f6cow,

NOW TV is a UK only service, so can only be used within the UK.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Thanks
Funk2funk
Advocate

That is really not good enough...why?
0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Funk2funk wrote:
That is really not good enough...why?

Because content owners sell the rights on a county by country basis. So whilst you are in France OSC expect to be the only ones showing True Detective and Canal+ for the Premier League.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

Most uk streaming sites r the same
0 Thanks
PjBR
Advocate

Ive just experienced the same issue i think... Not able to login to the app abroad on holiday. How disappointing... Cant surely expect a uk resident to buy the same content in every country  they visit... Ludicrous. Netflix is best practice since works fine when abroad so this needs a rethink

second major irritation is the restriction on the number of devices you can use to access nowtv... Equally baffling and unecessary... Cant tell you the number of times ive tried to watch my subscription only to be told ive reached the max devices and i cant change to another device for a month. Just irritates paying customers and so cant be good business. Best practice is again netflix in my view who dont place such a restriction on number of devices. These days its not unusual for a family to have upwards of a dozen devices... And that will continue to increase so please look at increasing the limit to something thats not going to bother legitimate use

im not surprised but am disappointed. The huge premiership tv sell off right is something to do with tgis reason. as each country or area has their own agreement so i can't see this changing anytime soon
0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Mentioning Netflix will not get the Now team to change things. They are similar but different. I wonder if people go on Netflix forums and winge they don't offer things Now do.....

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

ryan5
Mentor

The reason you can't use your NOWTV box from outside the UK is because of the IP address, if you were to connect to it from another country I'm sure it would know.

Simonfgreaves
Advocate

This not a solution it is a negative response. We live in a global world in which we pay for services. That service should be available globally.