cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Calls charges but I don't even have a landline

Bizarre thing -- I am on a broadband deal where I get fibre broadband and anytime calls. I have just moved into my flat and haven't got a landline phone, so have definitely not made any landline calls. However, when I checked my bill, on top of the £22pm bill for the broadband package I am being charged £18 for calls!!!!!!!!! How is this possible if I do not have a landline and have not made any calls? I looked at the breakdown list, and there were so many calls, and I don't recognise any of the numbers. Is it possible that my phone point is somehow in someone else's flat, and somebody else is using a landline to make these calls? Or is it just an administrative error? Either way I am going to call up tomorrow before work but if anyone has any ideas or has had similar I would be very grateful!

TYIA 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

When you signed up to NOW Broadband was you given an allocated landline phone number on your email correspondence (even though you haven't got a landline telephone connected to it).

If there is a allocated landline phone number shown on the emails then maybe call it, just in case the telephone lines was crossed by BT Openreach to see if anybody picks up the telephone and report it to NOW Broadband Team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's one up from me - I have been charged for cinema and entertainment packages a month after cancelling my TV & broadband. Perhaps we share the same phantom call maker/film watcher.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you cancel the TV Memberships from your online account by going through the four approx steps on screen?

Did you get a email that you have successfully cancelled your TV Memberships ?

Are there any TV Membership up and coming bills under your online account ?

If you cancelled your Broadband or switched to another ISP, this will not automatically cancel your TV Memberships which needs to be done separately.

Get in touch with NOW live chat for further assistance and help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

My membership was cancelled after speaking to the call centre. An email confirmation arrived shortly after.

After calling again today it seems I have to log into my online account to cancel the entertainment and cinema packages. I wouldn’t mind so much but I even double checked when I originally cancelled and asked, “So is that it then, nothing else?” !!

It’s not a fortune but is very sneaky I feel.