cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Call charges added to bill?

I’ve just checked my bill and noticed that I’ve been charged for my phone calls in November and December even though I’m on anytime calls included package. I wasn’t charged for any calls in October, just the £18 package charge for broadband and anytime calls. Has this happened to anyone else?

@nowtv, can you shed any light on this. 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not all telephone numbers are free on the Anytime inclusive package where if you open this link page below, then click on the "Tariff Guide for August 2019" link on the article guide page it will download a document with a table indicating the exemption numbers not included in the Anytime calls package.

https: //help.nowtv.com/article/how-much-do-calls-cost 

Then go to My Account > Bills & Payments whilst logged in on here and click on the arrow next to your Broadband bills where under telephone charges incurred it should give you a breakdown of the telephone numbers and costs involved.

Should you need to phone the NowTV Broadband Team then there is a telephone number on the downloaded document to call (page two of the document).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply but you misunderstand. That package I singed up for was broadbands and anytime calls inclusive. I have checked my bill but I have been charged for ALL phone calls. 

After 2 hours on live chat and getting nowhere but passed from pillar to post, I decided to ring them. What a difference when you actually talk to a real person. After the initial 30 minutes on hold I was connected to a lovely lady called Rihanna. I explained the problem and it was obvious that she had obviously heard it already from dozens of other customers. She asked if I signed up via a 3rd party comparison website, which I did. She put me on hold for a minute while she looked into it. She came back and explained the problem. 

Apparently they have had a huge issue with comparison site sign ups whereby the 3rd party site signs you up to the nowtv basic package which doesn’t include anytime calls. She told me that this wasn’t the first time and it probably wouldn’t be the last. She informed me that she would change my subscription immediately to include anytime calls and processed a refund for the last 2 months call charges and credited my account to show this. She sent a confirmation email of the details we spoke about and apologised for the inconvenience. 

What a delight she was. I hope she gets good recognition from the feedback I gave via their customer satisfaction survey they emailed shortly after. 

So, if you’re paying for your calls and you signed up to anytime calls included, you probably signed up via a 3rd party website. 

Thanks Rhianna at nowtv customer services.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your post Ann, I am so grateful you have bothered to explain as exactly the same has happened to me. If I had seen this earlier it might have saved me 12 hours of my time and all of theirs arguing about it. I have forwarded it to my customer services contact Kymberly, hooray for Rhianna.

Chris