cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

COVID-19

Need to contact a real person about my account and being able to use the service I'm paying for outside the uk

14 REPLIES 14
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey

Now TV does not supply it's services outside of the UK, apart from The Republic of Ireland. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I need to wish to talk to a real person from customer service because I am
paying for a service while in Australia due to this bloody virus.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can't watch Now TV in non-European countries, read the information in the following URL:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad

UK Bob

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User ,

With the current situation we have a very limited number of  representatives to deal with customer service requests and currently no live chat. Our phone lines are still open (albit it with extensive wait times) but as always, this is for broadband customers only.

If you're a TV customer and you can't currently use the service - you don't need to contact us, we'd advise you cancel the passes you have - by following the simple steps here and you can rejoin at any time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I want to be able to use my now tv passes in Australia where I have had to
relocate for a few months because of this virus. NowTV have a lot of shows
and movies that aren't available on any other site or app
Saint1976
Elite 3

You cannot use nowtv in Australia. Speaking to someone will not change this. Do as already suggested, cancel your passes so you aren't charged for the service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If still an issue get a VPN which can be set to another country. If you do this you should be able to spoof the system into believing you’re in the UK and therefore will be able to watch your shows

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a long-standing NOW TV user but I have been unable to use the NOW app on my NOW TV box since Monday. All the other apps still work but the NOW TV app repeatedly crashes immediately after the NOW TV main menu is displayed and does not appear to be loading content. Unfortunately, NOW TV does not have a published telephone number (apart from BB customers),  the Help email address is not monitored, and the online chat service is not available. There is therefore no way to contact NOW for assistance. Instead, customers are directed to labyrinthine FAQs or discussions on the NOW TV community when actually all I need is someone to assist me in getting this issue sorted.

In the COVID-19 lock-down situation,  people are obviously relying on streaming services even more for entertainment and  companies such as yourselves, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video etc.  are in a position to do very well out of this. From your previous response, however, are you saying that if NOW TV streaming service customers are unable to access the service, there is no assistance available to resolve this, and they are advised to alternatively cancel their monthly passes and possibly rejoin later? I have been a satisfied NOW TV customer for many years now but frankly, I find this response very frustrating and surprising. If NOW TV is unable to rise to the occasion, I am sure your competitors will be happy to take advantage of this. I chose NOW TV over the other services because it suited my needs best but the apparent take it or leave it approach to customer retention is very disappointing.

I would appreciate clarification on NOW TV's position on this.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

The responses above are related to a gentleman who is abroad and unable to use the service. The advice given is solely for him.

In relation to your issue, the community can sometimes help and give advice to get your service working but understand that it is more difficult fixing issues over the internet. 

As you also say, people are at home using streaming services and probably more than normal so expect some issues with the increased demand.

What NowTV equipment are you using? The first thing to try (if you haven't already) is to switch off your now TV equipment, disconnect the power supply for a minute, plug the supply back in, switch on the equipment and try opening now TV.