cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnA
Mentor

CAN'T UPDATE MY PAYMENT DETAILS

Hi I am trying to update my payment details with my new card.

The recurring message I am receiving says "Oops something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again. " I have verified my card status . There are no issues. I have updated my Amazon account with no issues. I have been advised by the NOW team to use an alternative device, go through the browser not the app. Delete your search history. All to no avail. I see similar posts so it's a recognised issue but I don't see a simple solution ?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JohnA 

What happens if you try another payment method? Then re-inputting the original payment method.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JohnA
Mentor

Hi, if I input my old card details these are accepted. However although my old card has an expiry date of 12/25 this has been superseded by my new card. The old card is now inactive. When I input the new card I receive the "Oops something went wrong message. My next payment is due on 7 December. Unless my issue is resolved I expect payment will be declined. I'm obviously trying to do the right thing so another issue will be created.

JohnA
Mentor

The suggestion is not a solution. It remains a live issue.  How do I edit the "solution "?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JohnA 

You should be able to look at the post that was marked as a solution to “unmark it”. Although I’m not sure if there is a time period for this.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JohnA
Mentor

Thanks.  That worked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi JohnA, I am having exactly the same issues and NOW TV are worse than hopeless after sending numerous emails and still not getting anywhere, they must know that there is an issue, but seem unwilling or unable to resolve it. It's driving me mad.

JohnA
Mentor

Hi Phyllis, I have been in dialogue with NOW TV Help. I have outlined my issue by e-mail using the live chat facility. The suggestions offered have not provided a solution. After one exchange I received an email saying " We hope you got our email the other day about your question (issue). We haven't heard from you and just want to check that everything's OK. 

If you do still need help please take a look at the email as this details what you have to do next. "

No such email was received so I replied to the email advising non receipt etc.

When I received no reply I went back onto the Live Chat which I was reluctant to do but my options were limited. This resulted in an extended chat where I had to repeat my issue all over again. The conclusion of the chat was at Live Chat level no resolution could be found and would need to be escalated. Progress !

I then received a further reminder email a repeat of the highlighted in italics above text.

I have now registered my issue as a complaint. I received an acknowledgment email advising "it is an automated system generated email which you can ignore.

We have escalated your case to     our team of technical experts to investigate the root cause of this issue. We will get back yo you via email at the earliest with an update and we highly appreciate your patience whilst we resolve this issue for you. "

I await the response. My timeline for this from 3 - 12 December.