cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodsie68
Mentor

Buying a Day Sports Pass

Hi,

I buy Sport Day paases to watch footbal, the last 5 times I have done this I thought I was just purchasing the day pass as I wasn't given an option to choose the Boost and I was charge an extra £5. On all these five occasions I had to email Now and have been refunded.

Now have told me that I should be able to CHOOSE to purchased the additional boost, but today I have looked and I just seem to have the option to buy the day pass with no way to choose or not choose the boost. 

Before I purchase a pass does anyone know if there is a way I can purchase this day pass WITHOUT the boost, or am I once again going have to go through the annoyance of being charged for something I don't want and have to seek to get a refund. 

ANy help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Saint1976
Elite 3

@woodsie68 how are you purchasing the pass? Website? In app?

If I go to the Now website via my mobile device, I'm given the option of day or monthly membership.

Selecting day membership takes me to my basket and then there is an option to add boost. See image below when logged into the community.

Screenshot_20220123-131854.jpg

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

Thanks man, definitely explained it better and showing that it is possible to purchase at the same time! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
woodsie68
Mentor

Thanks, Today I am going to try through the website and prey it works!!!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@woodsie68 

Assuming you don’t have any other active memberships? 
Think you need to activate the day membership so NOW sees you have an active membership, at that point you’ll then be able to purchase boost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @woodsie68 

Looking at the current offers for a NOW Day Sports Membership, there is no Boost or Boost Free Trial included (only a 6 months Mobile Pass).

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase 

The Monthly Sports Membership does offer a Boost Trial, where in the past whilst going through the checkout pages you can remove this option i found.

woodsie68
Mentor

Success I just bought a day pass without Boost YEAH......

Saint1976
Elite 3

@woodsie68 I assume you did it online?

Out of curiosity how were you buying them before? It maybe that how you were doing it before has an error in the purchase process that needs to be reported back.

woodsie68
Mentor

Hi,

Previously I have bought passes on my iPad then I stream to a chrome stick to watch on the TV. I flagged this issue to customer services. From now on I will purchase on my Laptop like I have today. 

Thanks,