cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ddddd123
Advocate

Bt contract for 2 similtaneous devices but nowtv only lets one

I have a bt contract that state 2 similtaneous streaming devices but NOWtv only lets me use 1..

I logged a call with bt and deleted all devices and tried again.. but it didn't work so they advised to contact NOWtv.. this is me doing that..;-)

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ddddd123 

This is not how you contact NOW, it has to be via live chat.

However to get 2 streams with BT, one of those devices must be the BT box. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Ddddd123 

To get this, you must have BT Broadband, BT TV, and buy all your Now memberships via BT.

If this is the case and you encounter a problem, BT must not ask you to contact Now, they must support you themselves. (Even if they have to contact Now for help themselves, this is their job, something you are paying them for, and whoever told you to contact Now yourself requires some remedial training).

However, here is a BT Help article which explains the very specific circumstances in which you can have two Now streams at once without Boost. One can be a Now app on any device, and the other can be  one of the live Now channels on your BT YouView box; but even then, you have to start them in the right sequence, app first then live channels, as explained here:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/channels-and-packages/now-tv-on-bt-tv/get-started-with-now...

Streaming and devices

You can watch live on your BT TV Box, or On Demand using the NOW App.

To watch on two devices at once:

If you're watching on a BT TV Box, you'll need to leave NOW channels to start watching on the App. Then you can go back to watching NOW on your BT TV Box too. You can watch live on your BT TV Box, plus live or On Demand via NOW App.

If you're watching on two BT TV Boxes then you can start them in any order. 

If you have NOW Boost or the HD add-on, you watch on up to 3 devices at the same time.

But anyone giving BT TV support should know the above off my heart, and it’s shameful if they don’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.