cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband switch refund due

I have switched today from Now Broadband to a new provider. My bill was paid on 6/8/2019 for a full month. Looking a the account today it shows I am due a refund but looks like I will not get it until 6/9/2019! I had contacted the helpline a few weeks ago and the advisor stated that I would get the refund now that the account was closed.

Anyone got any advice/ help?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It’s quite normal for utility companies and ISPs to wait until what would be your next bill due date before issuing your final bill (including any refunds due). So just sit tight and wait patiently. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It’s quite normal for utility companies and ISPs to wait until what would be your next bill due date before issuing your final bill (including any refunds due). So just sit tight and wait patiently. 

J4key
Mentor

I suspect it is their policy not to pay refunds unless customers enquire. I cancelled in September and was due a refund in early October. On the account it even said that I had been credited, but when I checked my credit card statement the payment hadn’t been made. I called (amazed at how quickly they picked up) and they admitted that the refund hadn’t been paid, but would be credited within 3-5 working days. They couldn’t explain why the credit hadn’t been paid back to me.