cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simon238
Advocate

Broadband renewal price more expensive than rolling contract

My contract is due to expire next month and I've just received the renewal offer. NOW have said that I can stay on my existing plan for £21/month, or sign up to a new 12-month term for £22/month. Why would I lock in at a more expensive rate? Am I missing something here, or this this an error on their part?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @simon238 

Then do nothing and keep paying what you have on a rolling contract and you will be fine.

I had this type of email every 12 months for the last couple of years and the discount date was always a further 12 calender months in advance.

My Sister had a similar email, but this time the discount was going to expire the same calender year in about 2 months time and she got stung with a price increase after the discount date specified (even though it said do nothing and pay the same existing price)

I phoned up to complain because the email was misleading and got the discount back for her for a further 12 months.

I had the same email in January 2023 and again it's misleading where this time my discount expires on the 27th of March 2023 and not the further 12 calender months like the previous years gone bye and I am worried I am going to get stung like my Sister even though it says on the email do nothing and keep paying what you have.

I have passed my concerns onto NOW by PM and I am in the process of given the NOW Broadband Team a call before my offer date of the 21st of February 2023 which I haven't done yet.

Anyway you should be fine by doing nothing because of the 2024 date specified on your email.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @simon238 

Towards the bottom of the email under "Keep what you have" does it mention anything about any discount and if so is the expiry date 2023 or 2024 ?

simon238
Advocate
Yeah, it says the expiry date is 16/05/2024
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @simon238 

Then do nothing and keep paying what you have on a rolling contract and you will be fine.

I had this type of email every 12 months for the last couple of years and the discount date was always a further 12 calender months in advance.

My Sister had a similar email, but this time the discount was going to expire the same calender year in about 2 months time and she got stung with a price increase after the discount date specified (even though it said do nothing and pay the same existing price)

I phoned up to complain because the email was misleading and got the discount back for her for a further 12 months.

I had the same email in January 2023 and again it's misleading where this time my discount expires on the 27th of March 2023 and not the further 12 calender months like the previous years gone bye and I am worried I am going to get stung like my Sister even though it says on the email do nothing and keep paying what you have.

I have passed my concerns onto NOW by PM and I am in the process of given the NOW Broadband Team a call before my offer date of the 21st of February 2023 which I haven't done yet.

Anyway you should be fine by doing nothing because of the 2024 date specified on your email.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I had a similar "offer" on a relatives account. We decided to stick with the existing one and it has carried on as before.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Am-I-missing-something/td-p/591793

simon238
Advocate

Ah interesting, thanks. I was worried it was a bug on their end and I'd actually end up paying more. 

Stig
Scholar

Does everyone get the same offer ?

My deal is  £21  and it ends in a couple of months and was wandering about signing up for a further year,does everyone get offered a similar price to what they are paying at present?

Nearly a year with Now TV and after a horrendous start I have never had an issue since, everything has worked like clockwork.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Stig 

Wait until you get your renewal email, your options will be set out there. Mine arrived around 5 weeks before the contract expired. So plenty of time to consider.

@schnapps 

Any news on your own February renewal?

Stig
Scholar

Thanks for the reply.

redchiz1
Champion 2

No worries. 🙂