cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband and anytime call package.

I have Broadband and free anytime call offer, I went live on 1st November 2021.I was charged for calls. I have contacted customer services ,and had a reply saying they emailed me with a contract with pay as you use with broadband. Why send me that email when I purchased Broadband with Anytime calls as my package. Customer services said that they could transfer me to Anytime call package. This should have been setup from the start of my contract ,and not have to ask them to transfer me from pay as you use to Anytime calls. I have looked on this website and if you look at the broadband  and call packages you can only get broadband with anytime calls.

so please give me back my call charges, I do not mind it in credit. If not then I will have to find legal advice as contract sold under false circumstances.

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I can't remember when i first signed up to NOW Broadband a few years back if there was option to select Anytime Calls or Pay As yo Go.

When you signed up, what does the NOW order confirmation email says ?

Because this is a customer to customer forum, you will need to contact the NOW Broadband Team direct using the communication methods on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the information you gave me.

I know this is a customer forum, and I have contacted customer support. But I feel I have been tricked.

Just want to let new customers to be aware off  the contracts when they say free anytime calls you have to ask for it , and it is not included as the offer states.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What did it say on the NOW email confirmation order ?

Anytime Calls, Weekend or Evening or Pay as you Go ?

I have done three NOW Broadband switch overs for myself and two family members and each time everything went through smoothly and the service given was has promised on their website.

Anyway i hope you get the credit resolved from NOW Broadband customer support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps.

I have just looked at the email they sent me.

It does say pay as you go calls. But why send you that contract when it states free anytime calls included in the broadband package That is misleading and you automatically  think that it is set up and not have to ask for the included free anytime calls.

Paul.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Like i said because it was a long time ago i can't remember if you had to select Anytime Calls, Evenings & Weekend or Pay as you Go when going through the online order process.

If the above has now changed and Anytime Calls is automatic for new first time customers (as advertised), then perhaps it was some sort of glitch.

Hope you get the money back from NOW.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Since my post back in 2021, from what I understand NOW doesn't include Anytime Calls bundled within their advertised Broadband plans inclusive within the advertised prices anymore and Anytime Calls is now an additional optional price you select when ordering from the NOW website etc.

I believe this has been the case for a number of months in 2022 and Anytime or Weekend & Evenings Calls are an optional extra when you sign up to NOW Broadband.

Their standard quoted price plan is for Pay as you use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Paul

I have clicked to order Super Broadband free anytime calls too and I just came back from hospital after surgery and found I am cut off phone line with first months billing.  I have been asked for £159.00 for calls when I was misled and thought calls were free as stated in advert, which is heartbreaking because it is christmas coming up. 

Customer services wouldnt help and just blamed me when I ordered on advert stating free calls, not sure what to do.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Zandi

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Zandi.

Sorry to hear your problem, the same as mine. I phoned customer services on Saturday about being charged for calls. 

What they told me was that when you order online you are supposed to click on the tab to choose phone package, one says Pay As You Use, one says evenings and weekends, and the last one says Anytime calls. When you click on the tab nothing happens, and then you are automatically put on Pay As You use.

when they send you the email when you join it tells you your Broadband you chose and Phone call package. Mine said Pay As You Use. I did not check mine as like the advert said includes free Anytime Calls. Have you contacted customer services, if not  I would do it ASP or you will carryon being charged for calls, tell them to put you on the Anytime  Phone Package. they said they would as a good will gesture and they have now, but I still had to pay for the calls I used. So I do not know where the good will gesture is. 

I told them that it is very misleading and when you see the advert and says Free Anytime calls you automatically think it is included and not have to click on the tab, which don't work anyway . I said I was looking at taking legal action and he said good luck with that. you have to go through CAB to inform Trading Standards. My calls was only £13.50. So not such a shock as you.

There have been other people with the same problem in the forum. The only good thing about it is that £22.00 for Broadband any any time calls is a good offer. 

I do hope you can get your money back, as like you struggling this Christmas. 

Paul 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your message Paul,

Yes I felt like you misled and very disappointed, as I had clicked on ordering online the advertised Super fibre free unlimited calls with Now for landline and mobile and I even spoke to check with a Now Broadband advisor with a chat to make sure.  There wasn't another option there only one for Super Fibre choice to start the order and I have the advert which states free unlimited calls anytime. 

So yes I feel duped and so upset as Christmas is hard enough let alone this bill coming as a big shock.  When I did speak to Rachel to resolve at Now.   Rachel talked abruptly and rude and spoke over me and wouldnt listen and made the situation ten times worse.  I also asked for the manager to have a helpful conversation and I was told he can not make any phone calls as a manager to any customers as he has no headset due to Covid.  Sorry, but everyone can make a phone call without a headset these days with the technology we have available.    I will need to do something as I have a family to feed and this is so unfair and should be resolved fairly.