cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought Sky Movie pass but not working

So have had an email showing reciept for the 11.99 + it has left my account but when logged in and i try to watch a movie it invites me to purchase a movie pass for 11.99?? Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback devices are you using when attempting to watch your new cinema pass ?

Have you tried logging back out of the NowTV App, then power down the playback device fully.

Then power back up the playback devices, then login with the account details that you bought the £11.99 cinema pass on ?

If that doesn't work then on certain playback devices like mobile devices, smart TV's you can delete the NowTV App and download a new NowTV App from your device Apps Store then try signing back into the new loaded NowTV App to see if that kicks starts your cinema pass into life.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you (im not very tech savvy 😕) on smart tv on an app? its showing that the money has left my bank account and i had an email confirmation of purchase but when i try to watch a movie ir says i hv to buy a pass? will try deleting app - hope i can re install 😊 thanks T 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also try going into the NowTV App on your smart television and under the My Account section of the App it should show your login details (make sure it looks correct and matches the £11.99 receipt email you received from NowTV).

Then log out the App, unplug the power to the television for say a minute, then plug the power back into the television and then sign back into the NowTV App with your NowTV £11.99 receipt details on your email.

This might then show there is a active cinema pass to start watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi have tried all these suggestions and still asking me to buy pass? very odd and no one to phone to ask what problem is - will call my bank in the morning and get it cancelled - thanks for your help 😊

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Quick question when you login on here under the My Account > Passes & Vouchers section does it show your Cinema pass ?

Also when you go to My Account > Bills & Payments does it show any recent payment for £11.99 for the Cinema Pass ?

If everything is looking correct then the only other thing i can think off which is a remote possibility is that when you are signing into your LG or Samsung Smart TV with the native inbuilt NowTV App on the television is that maybe you have created two accounts and logging in on the wrong account ?

When you sign into the App on your television make sure it's your email address and not your forum user name.

Also if you are going to cancel the Cinema Pass go back to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and make sure the pass is fully cancelled.

Then under My Account > Passes & Vouchers in the FAQ section there should be a sub topic saying "i think i have been charged incorrectly - what should i do" click on the black arrow next to it and send the request form back asking for a refund because the Cinema pass wouldn't work and you haven't been able to start or use the pass.

There are other ways to watch nowtv on your Cinema pass, but i am guessing if you don't own a suitable device from the link below or can't watch it on your television then the Cinema pass is no use to you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv