cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost

Seriously unhappy as being subscribed to packages I don’t want having to pay for them when I haven’t applied to be apart of them 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW have a tendency of including a free 7 day Boost trial or one month free Boost on their website offers.

When you go to the website checkout basket usually you can remove the Boost part of the deal offer from your basket if you don't want it.

Or alternatively cancel the Boost straight away from your online account to prevent the Boost payment going out.

If you have been already charged for the unwanted Boost Membership jump over to NOW live chat and ask them to remove it from your account and see if they will provide you a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately that’s not the case as been a now tv customer for years just been on the live chat and they ended it on me not happy with the service to be honest 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try live chat again or perhaps send them an email using the email address on the screen shot below.

Each time I have taken up an offer on the NOW website when I reach my checkout basket I have the option to remove the Boost offer.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Daminvs
Advocate

It’s 2022 and Now trying to charge for HD. HD has been out for over a decade with even Freeview channels now in HD. Disney+ and Amazon prime HD as standard with even 4K provided for far cheaper. Rip off merchants

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Daminvs 

The company is owned by Sky who also charge extra for HD.

However, I agree it should just be standard in the memberships regardless what you take out.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

I blame the programmes.

If Now didn’t have such damn good, often unmissable, programmes, then we wouldn’t have to bother with them at all 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.