cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost

I pay £25 a month to Now Tv for sky sports. It great. But I am now been taken an ectra £5a month for something classrd as Boost. I never request this and dont know why im paying an extra £5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With the NOW monthly Sports offers they sometimes tend to include either a 7 day free Boost trial or a one month for free Boost including in the first month Membership.

Should this occur you need to cancel the Boost on your online account under My Membership to stop the Boost payment.

I know when you buy a NOW Sports Pass online and go through the checkout process you can also un tick the Boost option from your check out basket.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With the NOW monthly Sports offers they sometimes tend to include either a 7 day free Boost trial or a one month for free Boost including in the first month Membership.

Should this occur you need to cancel the Boost on your online account under My Membership to stop the Boost payment.

I know when you buy a NOW Sports Pass online and go through the checkout process you can also un tick the Boost option from your check out basket.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for that info..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to add if you are seeking a refund for the unwanted Boost Membership, then get in touch with NOW live chat (click on the green chat online button from this link page below to reach out to them).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for all that info and support 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps @Saint1976 

I don’t understand why no-one has pointed you to:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

While you certainly don’t want Boost foisted on you if you don’t need it, or can’t benefit from it, it does have quite a few upsides - I certainly wouldn’t be without it - and you might want to consider, at least, if it is worth the £5 to you.

And as with Sports itself, there is usually no need to pay full whack; start the Cancellation process on Boost and there is a good chance you will get an automatic retention discount offer, which you can accept instead of proceeding with the cancellation, and save yourself some money.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Saint1976
Elite 3

Deleted as you've got the solution

Ji

Same as me but £6

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ji 

When this thread was started back in 2022 the standard price for Boost was £5 per month.

The latest standard price for Boost has now gone up by £1 to £6 per month.

If you want the additional features that comes with Boost, but at a lower price, then try cancelling it on your online NOW account to see if you are given a discounted retention deal to continue with the Boost Membership. 

Or if you don't want Boost cancel it completely.