cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonyma
Scholar

Boost added without my consent

I signed up from a link of £1 a month for 2 months, this is my 2nd month and I’ve been charged for a boost! What hurts more is that the app doesn’t even work on my LG tv. I saw nothing about additional £5 charges it’s misleading, I wasn’t a refund and you can’t even speak to anyone

38 REPLIES 38
Dendino
Mentor

I took offer up for entertainment had no choice but to end up with boost this super offer  pfft  just been told payments come out for boost ! It’s a cheek!  Offer forced on you that’s not an offer! Knew I wasn’t only one! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dendino 

If this was the offer page and you chosen boost then it’s indicated you’ll be charged after the free trial.

https://www.nowtv.com/choose-your-membership/entertainment-add-boost-a

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Vonyma
Scholar

It was not clear to me anywhere that it was going to start being charged at all, it just said free, the offer was the cinema part, that’s why there are so many people posting about this.

Dendino
Mentor

I’m with you 

Dendino
Mentor

I signed up in December for entertainment 2.99 offer the boost was a no choice it was free i

didnt even know what boost was!    Very misleading !

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Vonyma @Dendino 

When “boost” is added to offers it’s never permanently free. It would normally be free for either a week or a month.

Either way, if you watch on demand without boost then you’ll littered with third party adverts.

Its not just about getting 1080p with 5.1 and 3 streams instead of 1.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Vonyma
Scholar

How would someone that is not usually a customer know that boost is even an extra thing, as I’ve said one thing they should do, just like the cinema or entertainment package, it should have the original price with a line through it. Then it’s clear it’s a chargeable extra.

it’s misleading and they are playing on the tiny long page of t&c that no one is going to read

Dendino
Mentor

And I never touched no boost box! 

Vonyma
Scholar

They discontinued the app on my tv, I didn’t watch any now tv only mind any boost 🤣🤣 I think that’s the only reason they refunded me

Vonyma
Scholar

This is my point as well, in the confirmation email it just says £0.00 it doesn’t have a £5 crossed out and say it’s an offer. I didn’t know what boost was, when I’ve gone back it’s in some very small print in the long list of t&c which they know that no one is going to read, extremely misleading.