cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonyma
Scholar

Boost added without my consent

I signed up from a link of £1 a month for 2 months, this is my 2nd month and I’ve been charged for a boost! What hurts more is that the app doesn’t even work on my LG tv. I saw nothing about additional £5 charges it’s misleading, I wasn’t a refund and you can’t even speak to anyone

38 REPLIES 38
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Vonyma 

With most offers from NOW it includes a week free trial of boost, then £5 unless cancelled. If you were watching on demand content you would have been spared adverts, without boost you get adverts during on demand content.

If I were you put a payment PIN on your account so it can’t happen again without the PIN being entered.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

For any chances of refunds you have to speak to staff via live chat. Which can be accessed by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or by emailing support using the address from the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1672668054405.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mrsmithsmith

Exactly the same thing happened to me, it was not made clear at all that there was a “boost” which is utterly useless to me anyway! I don’t have facilities fir HD etc. 

Ive managed to cancel after going through multiple misleading pages, where you have to keep repeating that you want to cancel. 

I bet loads of people get caught out by this! I will seeking a refund and complaining to Ofcom about the way billing and cancellation are made so obscure. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mrsmithsmith 

Boost is NOT just for HD or 5.1 sound. It also gives you advert free on demand content and 3 streams instead of 1.

https://www.nowtv.com/boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Vonyma
Scholar

I think there are hundreds of people who will have fallen to this trick. The email receipt is very misleading it says boost £0.00 it’s as though it’s always a free thing. And who are we meant to know what it is?! 

The best part is I signed up and the app isn’t even supported on my LG Tv so the £2 subscription was even a waste only mind the boost! Unless I’m going to sit watching films on my sons tablet it’s useless to me! They could see I’ve not used the service at all and after several extended messages online chat, trustpilot and email complaints they eventually have agreed to refund me. 
the thing is it’s completely ruined any chance of me subscribing to any form of offer in future if I do get a compatible device, as I’ll be worried they will try to rip me off again.

The most disgraceful part of the complaint, they agreed to credit my account so I could use it against future subscription!! (Yes give them more money 🤣🤣  because you can’t get subscription for £5)  

The staff must be pretty miserable, imagine having to enforce their nonsense 😑

RoyB
Legend

@Vonyma 

Is your LG TV a pre-2015 one?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Payment/m-p/594659/highlight/true#M21052

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Vonyma
Scholar

It was replaced by insurance in 2016 so I guess they must have given me an older model. It was totally different to the one it was replacing. 
I know I can’t get Disney on it either the last time I checked. I’ve no free trial coming up, maybe I had one already but I had the £1 per month offer

Dendino
Mentor

exactly this!!!

Dendino
Mentor

I didn’t get a refund not even offered ! 

Dendino
Mentor

Yea I’m going to as well it’s clear here and other posts that this is deliberately misleading! I went on live chat for what it was worth yesterdays date was the ‘date’ was when they took boost money  the day  the date I was unaware of I would have to start paying for something I never asked for! Not consented too with any box ticking !