cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost Added Automatically To Account?

I am a cinema member and received the email last month advising of the upcoming change to number of devices etc. The email said my cinema member would decrease in price by £2/month, which I can see has been applied to my account. The email also said Boost would be added for £2/month however I don't yet see Boost in my membership.

Did anyone else get the email and if yes has Boost been added automatically to your account? Here is the email:

As a valued member, we want to ensure you continue enjoying your NOW experience, so we’re adding Boost to your account at the reduced price of £2 a month (usually £5 a month from July). These changes will take effect on your next bill after 14 July

23 REPLIES 23
Jimroy
Mentor

I didn't get the email about this.

I first read about it on the MSE website and newsletter.

I came on here and clicked on the link about changes from the 19th July and there was no mention of it at all. I fed back and clicked onto the community button to find further info and saw your post.

I notice on my account that the next payment for my Cinema membership is going down by £2 next month, so I'm now expecting to be auto enrolled onto Boost at £2 per month from either tomorrow the 15th or next Monday 19th.

They (Now) haven't informed me of any of this. Like I said, I only found out by accident. 

In a way, I'm glad I didn't cancel my Cinema membership now.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jimroy 

THere was a banner in your account about changes coming to NOW. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

Can you provide the link where it says the 19th?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jimroy
Mentor

@gavs82008 As I said, nothing about auto enrolment to Boost at £2 per month for Cinema membership on there.

I'd like to attach a screenshot from the top of the membership page of my account with the link you just posted to further info which doesn't include anything about auto-enrolment for Cinema members to Boost, but I don't have permission to upload images.

However, it clearly states on the banner at the top of the Membership section on my Account : "From 19th July."

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jimroy 

From the link, suggests the overall cost won't change. Hence your upgrade to boost. 

This depends on what type of membership you've got, but we've aimed to make these changes as seamless as possible by keeping your monthly cost the same wherever we can and minimising any impact to your viewing experience.

Jimroy
Mentor

@gavs82008 There's no mention of auto enrolment to Boost if you're on the Cinema membership. Just that they're reducing the membership cost of Cinema and increasing the cost of Boost by £2 per month. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jimroy 

My account banner clearly indicates the 15th.

See screenshot below.

2BCB995A-E5AF-4D23-A439-F591F921876A.png

Jimroy
Mentor

@gavs82008 Not on mine it doesn't. It says the 19th. I'm not lying about it. I just don't have permission to upload images to prove it.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jimroy 

From what I gather it is definitely the 15th the changes. As for the auto enrollment of the boost I understand changes were taking place. 

That being said I sent a message to the community of NOW and hopefully he will get in touch with you soon to confirm a few things. 

starman73
Elite

19th July according to this.

B3EC92D0-0B9C-42D2-8CEA-BCCC55C77277.jpeg