cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blocking International numbers

I am due to move from BT to NowTV Telephone and Internet service in just over a week.  Do you have any facility to block International calls.  If so how much does this cost?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This linked article below will explain all the free and additional cost phone features that NowTV currently offer to their Broadband & Phone customers.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/call-features 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already read through that before posting.  Nothing there will work.

I need to block ALL International calls. As you know blocking any one number is useless.  Scammers systems are designed to change their number every time to avoid blocking.

Most but not all are international, so the best I've been able to do is to block all International calls.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the international call blocking is not specifically mentioned in the link article, then i doubt this feature is offered by NowTV.

Maybe drop them an email to ask them the question directly (use the email address from this screen shot below).

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User   &  @schnapps  for info

Hi Cassi

Maybe there is another way at coming at your problem, something my sister in-law does, and that is block all numbers except those specially programmed in that you want to accept, i.e. by using a "call blocker".

Now Amazon does a range of call blockers, which you can find here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=phone+call+blocker&crid=12LBDGUV9348E&sprefix=phone+call+%2Caps%2C226&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_1_11

I'm sure if you do a bit of research you'll find one that give you the best range of features for your £s.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I'll have a look.  I think the Panasonic one does call blocking based on the first 2 to 8 numbers. So I'll have to see if that would block all International calls. 

I use a headset for long calls as well, so finding a phone with this and a headset socket might be tricky.  Perhaps most people just use the loudspeaker nowadays.