cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bills

So I recently began noticing that now tv were taking small payments from my account almost every week. After speaking with bank they have confirmed that I have been charged twice for movies since January this year, and twice this month for the entertainment package I added. I have spoken with now tv via email and chat over a period of like 6 hours! and they have said that they will not be issuing a refund, I need to speak with my bank to report fraud and then contact police.. Bank said fraud isn’t apparent as NOW tv is an authorised payee to my account and they can see that my card is only linked to the one account. I have sent bank statements to an advisor I thought was helping to then be completely ignored. Got back in touch with my bank again and advised still being refused refund and they are insisting I go to police. Much to my dis belief bank advsd same thing so I contact the police and am advised that it’s not a civil matter an they are unable to do anything also! There is no telephone number to deal with this and I am constantly being told by Now Tv that I need to check with people in my property that they are not using my card - although I have repeatedly made them aware I am a single parent and my daughter is 3 years old can just about write her own name! Plssss can someone advise what would be best to do next? I have cancelled my card payments so now tv won’t be able to take any more however they have already taken just over 70 pounds of charges for passes that are already active!

Pls somebody help me I am losing my mind😩

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Have you set a PIN on your account to prevent the purchase of passes by anyone who does not know the PIN?

My Account/Settings and PINs/Payment PIN.

Apparently, it is very easy (too easy!) for children, even very small children, playing with the NowTV remote, to accidentally buy passes.

Setting the PIN will also help guard against any third party trying to buy passes on your account.

I think NowTV ought to arrange things so that this PIN is set by default on all new accounts.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.