cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Being charged when subscription cancelled

I would like to know why i have been charged £7.99 for the entertainment pass when i cancelled around 2/3 months ago after purchasing the 3 month subscription. 

Its only me that uses the account. 

I would like a refund, unfortunately the webpage wont allow me to join a live chat to discuss this with someone. 

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can you check under My Account/Bills and Payments, and see what it says there? You should see 3 month’s entries at zero, from your Pass, and then this charge in the latest month.

Do you have your email from NowTV at the time of cancellation, confirming that this was successful?

Web browsers are known to block NowTV Chat for various reasons; ad blocking software, popups blocked, cookies disabled and so on.

The answer is to use as plain vanilla a browser as you can for this purpose; not your possibly carefully configured default browser, which you should not disturb, but one of the others that you haven’t tweaked.

Edge perhaps, or Chrome, or Firefox, or Internet Explorer, whichever one you don’t normally use out of these, so it hasn’t been configured away from default and is more likely to let you reach Live Chat.

Then, armed with the information gathered above, you can discuss with them why NowTV have charged you, and seek a refund.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Aliesha
Advocate

I’m stilling having this trouble I am fuming. All these bots are terrible 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Aliesha 

What do you mean still having this trouble?

When you cancel you should get an email about the cancellation. If you didn’t get an email confirmation then I am afraid the process wasn’t completed to cancel it. 

To avoid the “bots” as you say, you need live chat. Make sure to click ‘How to get in touch’ drop down when signed in.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/cancel-or-renew-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Aliesha 

Now only has one bot. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Aww, I always imagined a happy team of them, all working in unision. 🙂

rob_bots_mean_business.png

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

You think they belong to an organised labour group? 😛

redchiz1
Champion 2

LOL, I just knew you were going to say that!  😂