cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Being charged for passes that weren’t asked for, the nowbot stops you from talking to anyone

Last night I realised I’m being charged for 3 passes when I only signed up to 1, I rang the helpline number and the guy was polite but evasive saying if it was anything other than a broadband issue it had to be dealt with online, I explained that the “nowbot” wouldn’t pass you through to an actual person but merely gave you 3 options: community, start again, end chat !!    Is this NowTv’s way of not dealing with customers?

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes. Phone support is only for Broadband customers, and even then only for broadband issues.

Did you try the Live Chat? It works very well, apart from a rather distressing tendency to hang up on you if it (erroneously) thinks you aren’t there any more.

Re the three Passes, did you buy a NowTV stick with three ‘free’ passes on it, but only watched on one of them?

NowTV will have activated all the passes at once, likely. I expect it’s in the small print somewhere that that happens.

Or was it in some other circumstances?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.