cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haff
Mentor

Being Charged but says i dont have an account

Hi all,

hope someone can help me as I have tried to speak to someone on the online chat and it keeps cutting me off constantly.

so, I have had an Hayu account for a few years, my wife uses it. However, the app is telling me I dont have an account but they are still taking £4.99 a month and it wont give me an option to cancel the direct debit as it doesnt show on my payments.

I dont want to cancel I just want what I pay for.

Anyone else had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Haff 

That looks like a NOW reference number that is unique to either that particular payment or NOW account.

If you get back in touch and quote that reference number, NOW should be able to track down that particular account from their database and give you the necessary information on it so you can find and access it.

I would also check all of your and your wife's email addresses you have setup to see if in the past there is any email correspondence from NOW with regards to Hayu TV Membership or other NOW related stuff that you haven't tried that email address on when checking your online NOW account.

I would try live chat again myself and if you still get the bad experience of being cut off then email NOW customer services using the email address on the screen shot below and explain to them you can't find the relevant NOW account and paying the NOW Hayu pass monthly by quoting the NOW reference number you see on your recent bank statement and ask them which of your NOW accounts it relates too.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Haff 

How are you paying for Hayu? 
As you can take it out in many ways. 

• Hayu directly
  • NOW
  • Amazon
  • iTunes
  • Google play

Have you tried to contact Hayu support directly?

https://support.hayu.com/?geo=GB#&lang=en-GB

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Haff
Mentor

Thanks for the quick response. I havent contacted Hayu as I am paying Nowtv directly

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Haff 

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure. Your best to unmark my post as a solution as I didn't solve the issue for you. 

When you check your payments does it definitely show your paying for the Hayu membership?
https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/payments

If not then use this link to find other accounts with the same payment details.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Haff
Mentor

It appears as the below on my bank statement:

NOW AD6EC Hayu CD 2710

however, when i search for my account it doesnt find anything

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Haff 

That looks like a NOW reference number that is unique to either that particular payment or NOW account.

If you get back in touch and quote that reference number, NOW should be able to track down that particular account from their database and give you the necessary information on it so you can find and access it.

I would also check all of your and your wife's email addresses you have setup to see if in the past there is any email correspondence from NOW with regards to Hayu TV Membership or other NOW related stuff that you haven't tried that email address on when checking your online NOW account.

I would try live chat again myself and if you still get the bad experience of being cut off then email NOW customer services using the email address on the screen shot below and explain to them you can't find the relevant NOW account and paying the NOW Hayu pass monthly by quoting the NOW reference number you see on your recent bank statement and ask them which of your NOW accounts it relates too.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Haff
Mentor

All sorted managed to get it cancel. It turns out that they were taking a debit card payment and not a direct debit.

RoyB
Legend

@Haff 

Yes, Now only accept CPA (Continuous Payment Authority) from a debit or credit card, never Direct Debits, for Memberships.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.